Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   News, Spy Shots, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   2013 Viper vs. 2013 Vette (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51806)

BADDASSC6 09-06-2013 08:34 AM

2013 Viper vs. 2013 Vette

Nice! Bring the Z07.

Damian 09-06-2013 05:02 PM

The Viper is much better looking.

BADDASSC6 09-06-2013 05:19 PM

Yes it is. The vette looks like different sections were designed separately. I'm hoping like the c6 the performance models look better due to being lower wider with more aggressive functional openings.

Vettezuki 09-06-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 121160)
Yes it is. The vette looks like different sections were designed separately. I'm hoping like the c6 the performance models look better due to being lower wider with more aggressive functional openings.

The C7 looks pretty good to me overall, but it is slightly disjointed compared to the Viper. For me, it's the rear end that seems like it's not well matched to the rest. But overall, I definitely like it better than the C6. In fact, better than anything going back to the C3, which of course, is dead sexy.

Damian 09-06-2013 06:21 PM

Other than the rear end, the Vetted looks department hasn't really changed much at all. At least the Mustang has got better looking over the past couple years, the Vette hasn't.

Vettezuki 09-06-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 121166)
Other than the rear end, the Vetted looks department hasn't really changed much at all. At least the Mustang has got better looking over the past couple years, the Vette hasn't.

Take another look. Tons of different design cues and elements.

Damian 09-06-2013 08:24 PM

To me it's a C5/6 wih different body panels. I still want to see one in person. If the interior looks as cheap as the C6 did, I'll be totally against it.

BADDASSC6 09-06-2013 09:47 PM

I have a friend that sat in one in person. He had negative remarks about the interior and the overall look of the car. I personally really like C2's, slammed FRC C5's, and race prepped C6's. There are plenty of cars that look much better than Corvettes. I really only want to go faster than everyone else. Never going to happen, but I'm keep spending money like I going to make it happen.:bang:

Vettezuki 09-06-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 121171)
. . . I really only want to go faster than everyone else. Never going to happen, but I'm keep spending money like I going to make it happen.:bang:

There's a word for this . . .

Why not do hard core spec series racing where the car is highly constrained and overall more affordable. Then you're really testing yourself and whatever tiny setup margins you can get out of the car. The MkIII from FFR has a series, there's a bunch of them I'm sure. Then, maybe, you want end up under a bridge as an old man someday. :jester:

enkeivette 09-07-2013 05:15 AM

Its a transformer, it is sectional. The Viper always looks cooler than the Vette.