Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Saw my 1st production 5th Gen. Camaro today. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3930)

SeanPlunk 05-14-2009 07:56 PM

Saw my 1st production 5th Gen. Camaro today.

So their is a Chevy dealership right next to our hotel in Wyoming and they got in a silver 5th Gen. Camaro RS V6 today. I have to say, it looks pretty damn nice in person. The panel gaps and quality seem to be excellent and the interior wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Overall it's a very good looking car that I expect to be successful for GM. I just wish it weighed 200lbs less :(

BRUTAL64 05-15-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 22448)
So their is a Chevy dealership right next to our hotel in Wyoming and they got in a silver 5th Gen. Camaro RS V6 today. I have to say, it looks pretty damn nice in person. The panel gaps and quality seem to be excellent and the interior wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Overall it's a very good looking car that I expect to be successful for GM. I just wish it weighed 200lbs less :(

No, 500 lbs less.:p

TheGuyWho 06-15-2009 01:03 PM

I saw one driving down the 405 this weekend, then I saw another pulling into work... Looks really cool from the front, but I think its not going to be able to live up to its hype...

eric97srad 06-15-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuyWho (Post 24675)
I saw one driving down the 405 this weekend, then I saw another pulling into work... Looks really cool from the front, but I think its not going to be able to live up to its hype...

I agree - I picked up 3 or 4 car magazines the other day from the PX (the Army's Kmart if you aren't aware) and they all had a feature article on the Camaro or a comparison article of the Pony Cars...

Also, as far as the interior goes - I'm not sure if there are any major differences between the RS and SS packages as far as overall interior design, but I've heard that it's pretty awful and terribly uncomfortable. :judge:

enkeivette 06-16-2009 07:48 PM

I just saw one in NY & a Skyline, crazy stuff.

Skyline sounded beefy, and it already looked dirty and used.

Also, saw Cameron Diaz, she was on my plane. I gave her a funny look because I wasn't sure if it was her at first, she looked back at me with a funny look. Prob cuz she couldn't believe it was me.

BRUTAL64 06-17-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 24822)
I just saw one in NY & a Skyline, crazy stuff.

Skyline sounded beefy, and it already looked dirty and used.

Also, saw Cameron Diaz, she was on my plane. I gave her a funny look because I wasn't sure if it was her at first, she looked back at me with a funny look. Prob cuz she couldn't believe it was me.

Does that happen a lot?? I mean not believing it is you???:rolling: