Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   CARB Engine Conversion, calling Vettezuki (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49746)

enkeivette 06-23-2013 12:32 PM

CARB Engine Conversion, calling Vettezuki

Help me compile the list of parts I'll need from this donor car before it goes to the junkyard.

Charcoal Canister
Catalyst Sticker
O2 sensor
Catalytic converter
Fuel pump
OBD2 Connector
Will I need anything else since this is a 96, so its OBD2 and also its a different type evap system?

Vettezuki 06-23-2013 02:33 PM

ECU
AIR Pump (if it has one)
Harness

I'll think about it more.

94cobra69ss396 06-23-2013 10:37 PM

Fuel tank since yours probably doesn't have a pressure sensor in it and the '96 will. You'll also want to keep all the exhaust before the cats. The cats are supposed to be near their original placement in the exhaust.

enkeivette 06-23-2013 11:31 PM

Fuel tank aint gonna swap over. What does the pressure sensor look like? Im sure I can fit it to the stock tank.

enkeivette 06-23-2013 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something like this, got it.

Ron do you know if the tanks are vented differently? Thanks!

Attachment 898

Vettezuki 06-24-2013 12:22 AM

In my case I programmed out the error code for the tank pressure sensor. Kept the original C3 tank. The ref was suspicious, but let it slide. He DID make me change the charcoal canister.

enkeivette 06-24-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117280)
In my case I programmed out the error code for the tank pressure sensor. Kept the original C3 tank. The ref was suspicious, but let it slide. He DID make me change the charcoal canister.

Prob cuz he didnt want to stick his head that far up your cars ass looking for the sensor. Ha

Vettezuki 06-24-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117291)
Prob cuz he didnt want to stick his head that far up your cars ass looking for the sensor. Ha

I remember him looking at the cap and tank inlet in wonderment. He said something like, "I'm not sure why this is working, but the light isn't coming on." I said, "yeah." He was kind of pedantic on several issues, but let that slide. Good, because I would have been fairly f'd he didn't.

94cobra69ss396 06-24-2013 06:58 AM

I don't remember what mine looked like but I just bought a new tank that had the fitting in it (Eric's tank was too rusted to use). I got my tank from Rock Auto and I had a 20% off discount so I think the total came out to $180.

enkeivette 06-24-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117280)

Which I now realize was kind of pointless. Without the fuel tank pressure sensor working, the intake will never purge your charcoal canister.

So... I couldnt find a fuel tank pressure sensor, and Autozone doesnt list that part.