Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Family lawyer (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9690)

heyitsdatguy 11-02-2009 01:33 PM

Family lawyer

Can anyone recomend me a good family lawyer? I'm having issues with child support and custody.

1. Asking tooo much a month. Help me lower it
2. Visitation rights.
3. Yes, a 3rd. Too personal to ask openly in public though.

Thanks for your help.

- Dawly

Oh, and I wasn't sure if I posted in the right section.

Vettezuki 11-02-2009 01:54 PM

Moved to BS lounge so you might get more views. Unfortunately I don't know a good family lawyer. Maybe enkeivette, who's now in law school and at some point was specifically interested in family law, may have come into contact with a reputable attorney.

SeanPlunk 11-02-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitsdatguy (Post 37281)
Can anyone recomend me a good family lawyer? I'm having issues with child support and custody.

1. Asking tooo much a month. Help me lower it
2. Visitation rights.
3. Yes, a 3rd. Too personal to ask openly in public though.

Thanks for your help.

- Dawly

Oh, and I wasn't sure if I posted in the right section.

I have two friend's at the credit union who went through a similar thing. They are both getting me names and phone numbers tomorrow. I will post them up for you. Sorry to hear about everything :bang:

BRIAN 11-02-2009 05:59 PM

Wait what? We need to talk:ugh:

Leedom 11-03-2009 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your problem. I would have recommended mine if he had done a good job.

heyitsdatguy 11-03-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 37368)
Sorry to hear about your problem. I would have recommended mine if he had done a good job.

That's what I'm worried about. The guys usually get the short end of the stick and sometimes get screwed even more.

Vettezuki 11-03-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitsdatguy (Post 37377)
That's what I'm worried about. The guys usually get the short end of the stick and sometimes get screwed even more.

Equip yourself:

Father's Rights 2E: The Best Interest of Your...Father's Rights 2E: The Best Interest of Your...
Quote:

This well written book covers every aspect of the issues surrounding fathers' rights. Every chapter in attorney Gross' book is right on point.

The book is written in easy to understand language and is packed with resources that will assist any dad who has questions about their rights relating to the custody, support, and visitation of their children.

The book's appendix is comprehensive and contains sample documents relating to custody and support issues as well as resources for state and federal laws as they relate to parental kidnapping, child custody factors, and other important topics.

This book not only explain the various legal proceedings pertinent to child custody, support, and visitation, attorney Gross actually walks the reader through many of the topics in a self help format.

If you are a dad who has questions regarding your rights to your child, this book will provide you with many answers and point you in the right direction to get the help you might need to get the justice you and your child deserve.

G. Petersen, Paralegal

heyitsdatguy 11-05-2009 01:12 PM

I went to see a lawyer yesterday.... wow, the price...

They advised me to seek out a paralegal to do my paperwork, but hire the lawyer for the court hearings. They said that'll save me alot of money. My dreams of owning my own home is gone... well postponed again for the 5th time.

SeanPlunk 11-05-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitsdatguy (Post 37572)
I went to see a lawyer yesterday.... wow, the price...

They advised me to seek out a paralegal to do my paperwork, but hire the lawyer for the court hearings. They said that'll save me alot of money. My dreams of owning my own home is gone... well postponed again for the 5th time.

Sorry to hear :(

I still haven't got a reply from either person who said they'd give me a recommendation :bang:

heyitsdatguy 11-05-2009 04:17 PM

I just got off the phone with 1 paralegal..... seems they don't have any experience with my kind of case.... gotta start looking again soon. I'm running out of time.