Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   I am an idiot, my car is proof... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53)

Chate 03-28-2007 06:28 PM

I am an idiot, my car is proof...

So I finally got my vette in february and last night as i was making a left turn, my back rear wheel hit one of those little center-dividing planters and i lost control, tried to regain control and made it worse...end result is a nasty rear driver side rim, broken and bent inwards (the whole wheel and tire are at a roughly 35 degree angle inwards from where they're supposed to be, brake pieces were all over the ground too). It rolls back but not forward, kinda locked in place. No body damage though just a scuff on the front bumper...

Needless to say it was towed by AAA and after getting the estimate i'm going thru insurance...$2.7K so far...

But hey, atleast i can get some new rims now...hated them wagon wheels anyhows (When life gives you lemons...) Any suggestions?

Vettezuki 03-28-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chate
. . . But hey, at least i can get some new rims now...hated them wagon wheels anyhows (When life gives you lemons...) Any suggestions?

I will resist all temptation to avoid any comment about "Indian Driving Action." :laugh:

The problem with nice Vette rims is that they are stupid expensive, and I don't think your insurance will cover anything other than the replacement of stock. HREs are nice and West Coast Corvettes has a bunch on their floor to look at. $2.7k is pretty expensive too, I guess you must have bent up some suspension components. Yikes.

Chate 03-28-2007 11:19 PM

LOL yeah, back in india our race camels dont go faster than 25, so speed judgement is always an issue :bang:

The stock rim price is 760/ea...lol so i'm going to see if i can work with the bodyshop, maybe they can bill insurance for 2 rims for driver side front and rear and get some aftermarket zo6ers set for 850 or so and replace the left rear tire then they can pocket the difference i'm sure they'd be up for that!

anyways i'll keep ya'll posted on what develops, the insurance adjuster is going out between tomo and tuesday, so no vette till AT LEAST april 15 or later :(

anthonydalrymple 04-22-2008 09:34 PM

Wow..... Bummer..... i wouldn't wish that on anyone but my worst enemy.... Hopefully she'll be back up & driving in no time...

enkeivette 04-24-2008 12:07 PM

The insurance company should give you the check, so you can buy some cool wheels and just flip the difference if you chose to.

SeanPlunk 04-24-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 1898)
The insurance company should give you the check, so you can buy some cool wheels and just flip the difference if you chose to.

LOL, this thread is over a year old, this happened at the beginning of 07. He has chrome Z06 rims on now.

Chate 05-04-2008 07:54 PM

haha 'chrome' rims haha remember the dirty gunmetal action at fontana tho right...

but this was a good reminder, man life was so shitty when that happend!