Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   A little test of the Torque App (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39980)

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 12:57 AM

A little test of the Torque App

I've been using a cheap Bluetooth ODBII transmitter ($20) with the Torque App (Pro version $5). I wasn't going too nuts driving uphill into the sun through a dirty windshield, but you get the idea.

NOTE: You can configure whatever data you want to be recorded that's available from your ECU. You do have to use a PC/Mac w/ Java+XJuggler+TorqueSync to encode the Videos (data overlay) but it's pretty straight forward really.

Shaolin Crane 06-11-2012 09:35 AM

Pretty cool, i'll definitely look into something like that. I wonder if there is one that offers a dpic function?

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 10:49 AM

Que es dpic?

Ryridesmotox 06-11-2012 10:51 AM

The only thing is that sometimes the gauges are rather slow to respond. The last time I used it was a few updates ago, I'm sure it has changed some. I was at Adams Motorsports Park and the Gauges were all over the place. It's nice to have though, if you ever get a code you can look it up with the app and you can use the other functions to monitor the car. It's one of the only apps I have ever paid for on my phone cuz I wanted to support the developers.

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 98639)
The only thing is that sometimes the gauges are rather slow to respond. The last time I used it was a few updates ago, I'm sure it has changed some. I was at Adams Motorsports Park and the Gauges were all over the place. It's nice to have though, if you ever get a code you can look it up with the app and you can use the other functions to monitor the car. It's one of the only apps I have ever paid for on my phone cuz I wanted to support the developers.

Probably depends more on your transmitter than the app for response. Some of the cheap ones don't transmit very quickly. Mine is a cheap one, but works reasonably well for just farting around. It's not a professional level data logging tool, but for $5 (and $20 for the adapter) it's MORE than good enough.

Shaolin Crane 06-11-2012 11:31 AM

Dpic=g meter

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 98644)
Dpic=g meter

Haven't used it, but I'm pretty sure it has it, based on the phones (Droid in my case) accelerometer I suppose. :huh:

Ryridesmotox 06-11-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 98643)
Probably depends more on your transmitter than the app for response. Some of the cheap ones don't transmit very quickly. Mine is a cheap one, but works reasonably well for just farting around. It's not a professional level data logging tool, but for $5 (and $20 for the adapter) it's MORE than good enough.

Mine is pretty cheap, but there are certain settings you can mess with that will make it a little better.