Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Motorgen Ortega Canyon/PCH Cruise January 9th (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11308)

SeanPlunk 12-17-2009 09:16 PM

Motorgen Ortega Canyon/PCH Cruise January 9th

EDIT: Vettezuki

Here's the vid. Rather than editing it down a whole bunch I let this one run a little Cinéma vérité .

Here are some selected pics from the album. My card seems to have gotten slightly corrupted so I'm trying to recover a few choice pics from earlier in the day, namely Sean's 81 year old grandpa getting a ticket.

[Click on the pics for the big version.]

Gathering at the mouth of Ortega.

How's that for some variety?

I still love my lil'ole Vette, yes I do.

Young Cody's New/Old Cutlass. Awesome!

Evos. Nuff Said. Sorry fellas, we didn't have much room to play in the twisties.

"Are we gonna do this or just sit here all day?"

Is that Ferrari rolling on TTIIs? Almost.

=============================================
OP

Alright everyone - it's time for another cruise to start the year off! The last cruise had about 45 cars and was a blast (pictures here, here, and here).

The plan is to meet at noon at Savi Ranch in Yorba Linda by Dick's Sporting Goods. The address for the meet up is:

23081 Savi Ranch Pkwy
Yorba Linda, CA 92808

We'll hang out for a half hour and then at 12:30 we'll leave Savi and head down the 15fwy to Ortega Canyon. We'll take the canyon all the way to Dana Point and then continue cruising for 24 miles up Pacific Coast Highway.

Once we get to Beach and PCH we'll head to SuperMex for some lunch. The food is great and I think they have a bar for all you guys that feel like a beer after a long cruise :)

The entire route is here and I hope to see everyone there!

Link to event!

Leedom 12-17-2009 09:20 PM

This should be fun. Hopefully we do not get stuck behind someone going about 10MPH under the limit like we did last time.

Vettezuki 12-17-2009 09:28 PM

Is this separate from and in addition to our regular (second Saturday) meet, or in place of?

SeanPlunk 12-17-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 40632)
Is this separate from and in addition to our regular (second Saturday) meet, or in place of?

I haven't figured that out yet :ugh:

BRUTAL64 12-17-2009 11:21 PM

Unfortunately, that is all were are going to run into is SLOW people and too many of them. I don't think this is going to be as fun as you think. More like a test of your patience.:uh:

SeanPlunk 12-18-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 40639)
Unfortunately, that is all were are going to run into is SLOW people and too many of them. I don't think this is going to be as fun as you think. More like a test of your patience.:uh:

It'll be fun :motorsmile:

BRIAN 12-18-2009 12:53 PM

This is still scheduled for the 9th right?

Edit: blinded by excitement lol

BRUTAL64 12-18-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 40662)
It'll be fun :motorsmile:

Done it many times on the HD.........fun yea.......in a vehicle maybe not. Just too many people that can't think and drive at the same time drive on that road. 74 thirty years ago was fun....now on Saturday at mid day.......no so much. Not trying to be buzz killer here...but the truth is the truth.:rolleyes:

SeanPlunk 12-18-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 40679)
Done it many times on the HD.........fun yea.......in a vehicle maybe not. Just too many people that can't think and drive at the same time drive on that road. 74 thirty years ago was fun....now on Saturday at mid day.......no so much. Not trying to be buzz killer here...but the truth is the truth.:rolleyes:

Don't be such a wet blanket :p

BRUTAL64 12-18-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 40689)
Don't be such a wet blanket :p

Ok, I'll stop. We are going to have fun. I know it. You know it. We all know it.

I guess it's just a case of Christmas BLUES.:boggled: