Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   hey out there!! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5146)

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 06-25-2009 02:45 PM

hey out there!!

just dropping by for my bi-annual forum check up hahah.

so how's everyone out there??

ive missed yall!

and ya the evo is getting fixed slowly but surely!

this is a pic from yesterday....after finding out a motor mount cracked luckly i had a spare from my old engines and it was a quick fix haha. i knew they would come in handy in some way.

94cobra69ss396 06-25-2009 02:52 PM

Welcome back. So how long until the EVO is up and running?

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 06-25-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 25631)
Welcome back. So how long until the EVO is up and running?

idk to tell you the truth this shop kinda lag's it alot. they keep telling me the next week and then they will find something so little that apparently held it back a week. i just told them to be straight forward with me, and that i dont care it it takes 3 months just be straight up with me. and they still tell me oh ya next week. its kind of annoying. but at least its getting done and its looking good. for 7 grand they are actually doing alot of work and probably making almost nothing on labor.

im cool with it being done cheap, slow, as long as its done correctly.

remember on any car job you can only pick 2 of the 3
done cheap
done fast
done correctly

but for real if they pick up theyre pace they can have it done in 2 weeks. just in time for my bday july 6th haha a nice bday present to myself. but we shall see.

im trying to shoot for july 11th because thats when Mitsubishi Owners Day is haha

BlacknBoostn 06-25-2009 04:29 PM

look whos back!!! Missed ya!

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 06-25-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 25639)
look whos back!!! Missed ya!

missed ya too :bigthumbsup: haha. damn i feel so outta touch with cars it's funny. i rode in a freinds evo that had a misfire prob in 1 cyl due too the spark plug not being tighted enough??? go figure haha .....but ya that felt fast to me and scared me accelerating hahah. im scared to drive my car again lol.

and there was seriously a moment when i forgot how to tune i seriously was staring at the screen tuning my friends car and just repeating over and over in my head, "What the Fuck Do These Numbers Do???" hahaha but after a starbucks venti marble mocha macciato iced upside down with 3 espresso shots no whip cream extra mocha.......ya im that guy at starbucks hahahah

but ya the frame beem that connects the passenger side area to the motor mount straightend out perfectly and they just had to weld in the raditor support like i had said should have been done the whole time. the only suprise in the whole proccess wat the broken passenger side motor mount. but that was a quick fix. haha

so wats new with everyone out there?

SeanPlunk 06-25-2009 09:48 PM

Hey Steve,

It's good to see the Evo almost back up and running again! Did you end up selling the Starion or do you still have it?

Leedom 06-25-2009 10:07 PM

Welcome back Steve. We missed you even though you drive an import. :rolling:

BRIAN 06-26-2009 08:18 PM

I live by a similar quote

Cheap, Fast, Reliable.

Pick two....;)

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 06-29-2009 12:15 PM

ya the starion was sold to some lame drift head kid who decided to somehow blow the turbo after a week of driving it. and then lord knows what he is up too now?

BRUTAL64 06-29-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 25834)
ya the starion was sold to some lame drift head kid who decided to somehow blow the turbo after a week of driving it. and then lord knows what he is up too now?

Did he try to blame you for that?:p