Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Svo added to broken car list (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33010)

89StangGuy 10-18-2011 09:38 AM

Svo added to broken car list

Cracked the cylinder head. Cars going to be sitting for a while. Got 1500 to 2000 to spend on a 5.0 this weekend. Keep n eye out for me peeps!

Shaolin Crane 10-18-2011 09:42 AM

I know of quite a few cars, there is a REALLY clean fox roller, i'd go that route and get a cheap engine/tranny from someone on CL

89StangGuy 10-18-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 85128)
I know of quite a few cars, there is a REALLY clean fox roller, i'd go that route and get a cheap engine/tranny from someone on CL

No space to work on it, 7 cars at the house I'm living at and the driveway is taken up. Also no engine hoist. All i have is a truck to go get parts.

Shaolin Crane 10-18-2011 10:14 AM

You grab it and store it until you have everything and we'll do the swap here, i'll even tow the car home for you.

89StangGuy 10-18-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 85132)
You grab it and store it until you have everything and we'll do the swap here, i'll even tow the car home for you.

Let me see if i can work out the details. I have a truck and a dolly to tow it's only space, time, and $. Cause as of now I'm carless that's why i kinda wanted a running one. I'm driving my Uncles dually diesel around to and from work.

89StangGuy 10-18-2011 10:48 AM

I'm gonna call you after work guy. This is sounding like a good plan, I would just want a little cheaper shell. 1200 is a little steep. I wanna be able to register and give the car a tune up with the extra cash. If there is any.

Shaolin Crane 10-18-2011 02:38 PM

You'll spend 3 times that amount getting another car that is running, and it will be thrashed, get a clean shell, cheap engine and tinker with it until you can get is registered. But i can assure you, a running 2k fox will look and run like shit. At least i can do a majority of the work and you can finish it when time/funding permits.

You'll thank me when you decide that i'm right and up up with a clean fox you could probably flip if needed as well and be more proud to drive around in.

Vettezuki 10-18-2011 04:25 PM

If you know you're going to mod a car to do XYZ at some level beyond stock, don't spend a penny more than necessary on the base to get started. Obviously I don't mean cheap out and get bent frames/unibody or rust destroyed panels, just nothing has to be particularly nice if you're going to change it.

Shaolin Crane 10-18-2011 06:01 PM

Exactly, 1200 for a clean paint, undamaged body with clean full interior is as good a deal as you could hope for.

C5Natie 10-18-2011 07:37 PM

Found On Road......well you know. Lol. J/k