Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   New/Old member (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38749)

89StangGuy 04-25-2012 01:16 PM

New/Old member

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I used to post on here a while back but once I got rid of my 5.0 I kinda disappeared. Here's my new ride! Also will be picking up another 5.0 hopefully soon. Found someone who's willing to get rid of a running 5.0 that has been sitting in their driveway for years and years for a couple hundred bucks.

Heres the bug though.

1600 dual port motor
Pertonix electronic ignition
Flamethrower coil
Header, Glasspack
Short Shifter
Lowered on Drop spindles, disc brakes out front

Been driving it for about 9 months now without one breakdown. Hooray for air cooled motors. My mustang had left me stranded at least 7 times in that time period.

Shaolin Crane 04-25-2012 02:38 PM

Maintain any vehicle and it wont leave you stranded ;)

Chuck 04-25-2012 04:06 PM

Que blackax's anti ford comment. haha

C5Natie 04-29-2012 04:43 PM

Found On Road Dead. Lol. Thats for shaolin crane.

Anyway, cool bug.

Damian 04-30-2012 12:45 AM

My neighbor has a Bug that's pushing around 200hp. Still waiting for him to give me a ride in it. They look like a lot of fun though.

89StangGuy 04-30-2012 10:06 AM

Yup this cars pretty dope. Mines only got about 65 horses lol. Gets about 30mpg though mixed street and freeway so I'm not complaining. I'm about to start doing some body/interior work on it.

Picked up a brand new interior kit for 400 bucks. headliner, carpet, door panels, everything!

jedhead 04-30-2012 12:55 PM

Bugs hookup really well and can run a quick 1/8 mile. I really in my youth, my friend had a 2180cc powered Baja bug. We were at a light waiting for the green when a 68 Camaro pulled up next to us with a huge blower sticking out of the hood. He looked over at us in the primer grey Baja and laughed. My friend bet $20 bucks that we will beat him across the intersection. When the light turned green we were across the intersection before the Camaro finished the burn out. We took the $20 and pigged out a Naugles.

Bob

Shaolin Crane 04-30-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedhead (Post 96466)
Bugs hookup really well and can run a quick 1/8 mile. I really in my youth, my friend had a 2180cc powered Baja bug. We were at a light waiting for the green when a 68 Camaro pulled up next to us with a huge blower sticking out of the hood. He looked over at us in the primer grey Baja and laughed. My friend bet $20 bucks that we will beat him across the intersection. When the light turned green we were across the intersection before the Camaro finished the burn out. We took the $20 and pigged out a Naugles.

Bob

They had bugs in the medievil times? :smack: