Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Diego County (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Muscle Car Shoot-Out @ Barona Drag Strip on 10/18 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8811)

joedls 10-08-2009 07:10 PM

Muscle Car Shoot-Out @ Barona Drag Strip on 10/18

Anyone wanna go racing? I'll probably go.

http://www.baronadrags.com/

joedls 10-17-2009 06:05 PM

No one's going? I'll be there with my new CJ springs on the car.

Vettezuki 10-17-2009 07:56 PM

How'd it go. A group of us went to the OC show last night and are going to the Planes of Fame tomorrow. Busy weekend. I'd like to make it out to Barona at some point.

joedls 10-17-2009 07:59 PM

It's tomorrow.

Vettezuki 10-17-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 35533)
It's tomorrow.

Doh!

94cobra69ss396 10-18-2009 06:19 PM

How did you do?

joedls 10-18-2009 07:46 PM

Horribly. The first run I made, I bogged. When I got back to the pit, I was going to import the datalog from my handheld tuner to see what my AFR was, but I hadn't taken the USB cable I needed. So I just figured that it was running rich. So I switched to a smaller fuel jet for my nitrous. On my second run, my car backfired. I figured it was too lean. I went back to the pits to check my sparkplugs. I had 4 sparkplugs that were very loose and (I assume)allowing unmetered air into the cylinders. Then my bottle was empty. I knew it was almost empty so I had filled a spare bottle on Friday.Unfortunately I left it at home in my garage. I made a run without the nitrous and ran my best run of 7.9 @ 91.6 MPH. I ran one more time, rolled through the beams, blew the tires and called it a day.

Not one of my better days.

Vettezuki 10-18-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 35578)
Horribly. The first run I made, I bogged. When I got back to the pit, I was going to import the datalog from my handheld tuner to see what my AFR was, but I hadn't taken the USB cable I needed. So I just figured that it was running rich. So I switched to a smaller fuel jet for my nitrous. On my second run, my car backfired. I figured it was too lean. I went back to the pits to check my sparkplugs. I had 4 sparkplugs that were very loose and (I assume)allowing unmetered air into the cylinders. Then my bottle was empty. I knew it was almost empty so I had filled a spare bottle on Friday.Unfortunately I left it at home in my garage. I made a run without the nitrous and ran my best run of 7.9 @ 91.6 MPH. I ran one more time, rolled through the beams, blew the tires and called it a day.

Ouch. Just think of how much you'll enjoy a good day in the future. :thumbs_up:

94cobra69ss396 10-18-2009 10:22 PM

Sorry to hear that the day went bad. At least it didn't do any damage with the backfire. A plastic manifold would have been toast.

BRUTAL64 10-19-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 35578)

Everyone has a BAD day. Just be glad everyday is not a bad day like here.:(

Feel better yet?:judge: