Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Questions for Non-Participants (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034)

Vettezuki 12-31-2008 01:00 PM

RX-Snake: Questions for Non-Participants

This thread is for anyone not an active participant on the project to ask whatever questions they like.

gsteichen 01-03-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12154)
This thread is for anyone not an active participant on the project to ask whatever questions they like.

Looking forward to following the project! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
One question, what's the weight difference (with all accessories) between the orig. motor and the sbf? What issues if any will this create re:front suspension, handling etc?

OOps, one more- have you decided which tranny you're going to use?

kwplot34 01-03-2009 10:22 PM

Nice project car you guy's have there :bigthumbsup: just wish i lived a little closer to give you hand on it,but not much i can do from Mo.
Good Luck with the project.

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteichen (Post 12390)
Looking forward to following the project! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
One question, what's the weight difference (with all accessories) between the orig. motor and the sbf? What issues if any will this create re:front suspension, handling etc?

OOps, one more- have you decided which tranny you're going to use?

We'll be stripping the car completely. All things equal, the difference is something like 200lbs rotary vs. SBF+Blower. :huh: Most of that weight is out front, BUT, we have the option of shifting weight like the battery to the back. We will need to run stiffer springs up front at least.

The trans is a function of what we ultimately decide the car should be. The choices are 4 speed manual vs. C2 automatic.

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwplot34 (Post 12437)
Nice project car you guy's have there :bigthumbsup: just wish i lived a little closer to give you hand on it,but not much i can do from Mo.
Good Luck with the project.

Thanks man. Hopefully someday we'll be able to expand our reach ;)

kwplot34 01-04-2009 04:42 PM

Sorry i did not notice this thread before i posted.
Anyway here is a site for some cool gauges you can even design your own,and they have a series called RX.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/auror...gnergauges.php

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-04-2009 07:17 PM

wow nice little car. so what are u guys gonna do with the engine and trans?

if you dont mind id like to maybe take the trans off your hands because it might fit my evo engine and swap into the starion. :-D

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12514)
wow nice little car. so what are u guys gonna do with the engine and trans?

if you dont mind id like to maybe take the trans off your hands because it might fit my evo engine and swap into the starion. :-D

We're actually thinking of keeping at least the 13B and use it for a future formula style open-wheeeler (think very poor man's ariel atom). As for the trans, we might be able to work something out. Naturally we'll need to extract something from you in return.:smack:

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-04-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12516)
We're actually thinking of keeping at least the 13B and use it for a future formula style open-wheeeler (think very poor man's ariel atom). As for the trans, we might be able to work something out. Naturally we'll need to extract something from you in return.:smack:

oh god its frat innitiation week all over again....i still cant get the taste outta my mouth :suicide:

lol well tell me when you get it out and ill make an outline of all the holes and shape of my engine and bring it by and see if they line up with the bell housing.

in my starion evo engine swap research it didnt fully confirm if it was the 80's rx-7 or 93+ rx-7 tranny that would be starion swappable.

well ill wait till you get it off the engine good sir. :thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12527)
oh god its frat innitiation week all over again....i still cant get the taste outta my mouth :suicide:

lol well tell me when you get it out and ill make an outline of all the holes and shape of my engine and bring it by and see if they line up with the bell housing.

in my starion evo engine swap research it didnt fully confirm if it was the 80's rx-7 or 93+ rx-7 tranny that would be starion swappable.

well ill wait till you get it off the engine good sir. :thumbs_up:

Are you coming to our Jan 10 meet? If so we can swing by my house, leterally around the corner and you can check it out.

BTW, I have no idea whatsoever about the internal condition of the transmission.