Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   So, anyone have a hook up on paint? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470)

SeanPlunk 07-03-2008 10:05 PM

So, anyone have a hook up on paint?

Eventually I want to get my two-tone (or three-tone) Cobra all painted one solid color. Anyone have a hookup on paint and want to hook a brother up, LOL :bigthumbsup: Perhaps some kind of cash under the table kind of thing :pot_stir: Maybe Vettezuki, BGN8711, and I can all get ours painted at the same time - group discount :thumbs_up: I know one thing - never to go Autobahn in Costa Mesa for anything. I still can't believe what a terrible job they did :mad:

Vettezuki 07-03-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3860)
Eventually I want to get my two-tone (or three-tone) Cobra all painted one solid color. Anyone have a hookup on paint and want to hook a brother up, LOL :bigthumbsup: Perhaps some kind of cash under the table kind of thing :pot_stir: Maybe Vettezuki, BGN8711, and I can all get ours painted at the same time - group discount :thumbs_up: I know one thing - never to go Autobahn in Costa Mesa for anything. I still can't believe what a terrible job they did :mad:

Adam's friend's dad does paint. J&D Corvette (who'll work on anything) does quite good work, but not cheap. Maybe we could just have enkei do it, he's pretty good.

SeanPlunk 07-06-2008 10:04 PM

I'm eager to see how Adam's car turns out. If it's all good, I may beg his friend's dad to do mine at some point. Maybe a cash under the table type deal :pot_stir:

SeanPlunk 07-06-2008 10:49 PM

Adam, when are you getting your car painted by the way? Did you decide on a color yet?

enkeivette 07-08-2008 01:59 AM

Nope! Still going back and forth between graphite and black.

I installed the supercharger tonight, going to set the timing tomorrow. It feels like it wants too much timing to idle right, but I might have screwed up the idle mixture with the higher ratio rockers.

Anyways, if all is well tomorrow with the timing, and I suspect it will be, I'll continue the sanding process tomorrow. Should only take a few weeks to get it all sanded and the body work done, knock on wood!

BTW Sean, I think you're waaay to picky to be satisfied with the work that my Dad's friend would be doing. He is a professional painter but he doesn't have a booth, or much experience matching automotive colors. He's only sprayed entire cars before as far as I know. If you wanted him to respray that panel of yours, I doubt he'd be able to match the color PERFECTLY. And without a booth, the car is always subject to getting some dirt in the paint here and there. I'll ask him though if you want me to, either way, wait till you see if you're satisfied with my paint job.

Vettezuki 07-08-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 3944)

I installed the supercharger tonight, going to set the timing tomorrow. It feels like it wants too much timing to idle right, but I might have screwed up the idle mixture with the higher ratio rockers.

Anyways, if all is well tomorrow with the timing, and I suspect it will be, I'll continue the sanding process tomorrow. Should only take a few weeks to get it all sanded and the body work done, knock on wood!

Gloss Black. Just deal with it. It's slammed and when it's polished, you'll have one of the most bad ass C3s in the world. Stop dick'n around. :smack:

SeanPlunk 07-08-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 3944)

BTW Sean, I think you're waaay to picky to be satisfied with the work that my Dad's friend would be doing. He is a professional painter but he doesn't have a booth, or much experience matching automotive colors. He's only sprayed entire cars before as far as I know. If you wanted him to respray that panel of yours, I doubt he'd be able to match the color PERFECTLY. And without a booth, the car is always subject to getting some dirt in the paint here and there. I'll ask him though if you want me to, either way, wait till you see if you're satisfied with my paint job.

I'll just have him reshoot the whole car then :rolling: I am picky, I admit, but the job that was done was mediocre at best...

SeanPlunk 10-27-2008 03:38 PM

So it turns out 03SonicSVT can paint and judging by past work is damn good at it. I smell a repaint in my car's future at some point so that it's all one color :pot_stir:

Vettezuki 10-27-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 7900)
So it turns out 03SonicSVT can paint and judging by past work is damn good at it. I smell a repaint in my car's future at some point so that it's all one color :pot_stir:

If you can wait til next spring/summer, I'll go in with you at the same time. Maybe we can get a discount on paint since we're both basically arctic white. :huh: My paint is starting to bother me.

SeanPlunk 10-27-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 7904)
If you can wait til next spring/summer, I'll go in with you at the same time. Maybe we can get a discount on paint since we're both basically arctic white. :huh: My paint is starting to bother me.

I think I'm going to go with the Oxford White that the car is now (slightly different) and it's not something I'll probably do for a couple years anyway. Having said that, Aaron indicated even like the best paint would run less than $500. Brian will probably paint during summer of 09 though and I think your cars are almost identical in color :huh: