Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Mazdaspeed 3 build (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36460)

Boosten ya 02-10-2012 07:29 AM

Mazdaspeed 3 build

I blew my motor and melted a hole in the #3 piston big enough to put your finger in it and it also melted the cylinder sleeve. They replaced the sleave and honed all the sleaves.

pistion with the hole melted thru

same but up close

the new pistions —:icon_thumright:

the new rods —:icon_thumright:

alright pics of the FMIC

hot pipe of the intercooler

had to move the power steering cooler lines up a bolt

done and on the car without the bumper

cold pipe from the intercooler

with the bumper on

another pic with the bumper on

took the gay honeycomb out.

wrapped the intake with aluminum bubble wrap. Need to warp the turbo inlet pipe and cold pipe. Thanks to Ziggo.

I had the head and intake manifold ported but for some reason I didn't put them on photobucket and deleted the pics. I fail.

The current mods are in my sig. My current tune is sitting at 311whp and 370wtq. I'm going to buy some nt555r's and tune for 3 gal of e85. Should put me around 330whp and 390wtq.

blackax 02-10-2012 10:36 AM

Very very nice. That is a hell of alot of hp for fwd. It should be fun!

Boosten ya 02-10-2012 11:27 AM

Thanks. I dont get traction till 4th right now. Lol

Vettezuki 02-10-2012 11:31 AM

Nice work. Why'd it melt in the first place and how's the torque steer?

Boosten ya 02-10-2012 12:41 PM

I was having fuel pump problems so it ran lean. With solid motor mounts I dont get much...anymore. Before when I just had a rear motor mount it made lane changes for me lol

Boosten ya 02-15-2012 06:43 PM

Let there be traction

SkunkLookingCar 02-18-2012 05:25 PM

Those are interesting connecting rods. I haven't seen that "t" cross section before. You'll love those tires. Last time I was at the track with mine, I cut .12 off of my 60' without a hint of traction loss. Rest assured, I'm working on the too much traction problem though.

Boosten ya 02-21-2012 03:00 PM

Thanks. I can't wait to get the new clutch in/broken in and get these tires on. Then it's e85 time :)

Boosten ya 04-18-2012 05:14 AM

Ok got the clutch in and broken in. Got the drag radials on. Those hook so well. Got the GS ebcs installed in 3 port mode. Tuning boost then start with e85 this weekend.

SkunkLookingCar 04-18-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosten ya (Post 95841)
Ok got the clutch in and broken in. Got the drag radials on. Those hook so well. Got the GS ebcs installed in 3 port mode. Tuning boost then start with e85 this weekend.

How much power are you looking at once you crank up the boost? What can the injectors handle? I think you have the stockers based on your signature but am not too well versed in the Mazda speed arena.