Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2012 GT-R is a bad mofo (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32027)

Vettezuki 09-14-2011 02:22 AM

2012 GT-R is a bad mofo

I've talked some shit on the GT-R in the past. But if this (and the Ring time) are indicative of what this car can do stock from the factory, it's kind of on its own level for total value.

Damian 09-14-2011 09:00 AM

Damn!

Vettezuki 09-14-2011 04:35 PM

Unfortunately, they've somehow managed to make it even less interesting to look at it seems. That rear quarter panel is like looking at a piece of sheet metal. It may look much nicer in person. :huh:

xSpeedAddictX 09-14-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 83058)
Unfortunately, they've somehow managed to make it even less interesting to look at it seems. That rear quarter panel is like looking at a piece of sheet metal. It may look much nicer in person. :huh:

I agree and Nissan also managed to ruin the fun you can have by voiding the warranty if you decide to actually use the car more than a few times.

On another note, when did this air?

Vettezuki 09-14-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSpeedAddictX (Post 83062)
I agree and Nissan also managed to ruin the fun you can have by voiding the warranty if you decide to actually use the car more than a few times.

Don't know when it aired, just picked it up on YT. What do you mean they void the warranty if you drive it more than a few times? I remember the infamous voiding of the warranty if you turned off whatever that mode was in the first year and they had several transmissions break . . at like $18k replacement.

dreamcast18 09-14-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSpeedAddictX (Post 83062)

false. they don't do that anymore. launch all you want on the GTRs..it only restrict u after a couple of launches to cool down.

dreamcast18 09-14-2011 07:14 PM

my buddy's..

xSpeedAddictX 09-14-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 83071)
Don't know when it aired, just picked it up on YT. What do you mean they void the warranty if you drive it more than a few times? I remember the infamous voiding of the warranty if you turned off whatever that mode was in the first year and they had several transmissions break . . at like $18k replacement.

by "Actually use the car" I do mean enjoy its full power potential. I was indeed referring to the VDC control which if turned off too many times it would void your warranty. In order to actually hit 0-60 in the 3.4(?) seconds you would have to turn off VDC.

I did read that they have fixed the problem. So I will admit to prematurely bashing the GT-R. I can't say I am or will be in the market so I never really followed up on the issue till now. My mistake.

xSpeedAddictX 09-14-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast18 (Post 83077)
false. they don't do that anymore. launch all you want on the GTRs..it only restrict u after a couple of launches to cool down.

Yup I saw that. ^ My mistake

SeanPlunk 09-14-2011 09:08 PM