Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   California Speedway Shutdown (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37026)

Vettezuki 03-01-2012 12:41 AM

California Speedway Shutdown

No really. It's a court order pending environmental impact study. . .

http://blogs.hotrod.com/fontana-drag...sed-21299.html

kdracer73 03-01-2012 06:34 AM

Sucks. I built my car around the desire to run the 1/4 mile. That is how I got here ! Met Ben and Sean after they filmed My buddy and I match racing each other.
I used to go every two months, but not so much lately.

xSpeedAddictX 03-01-2012 08:19 AM

No bueno. No more LACR, soon Irwindale and now this. :(

94cobra69ss396 03-01-2012 08:41 AM

This sucks! I've been itching to fix the trans in the Chevelle so I could go race it but now I have no where to go. I may have to pull the engine out and drop some new pistons in it so that I can run it on 91. That way I can criuse it around without race fuel.

Shaolin Crane 03-01-2012 08:44 AM

Seems like the kommiefornia government wants us to street race :huh:

Small White Car 03-01-2012 10:29 AM

Whatever happened to Pomona Raceway?

And to chime in on topic, the medical marijuana dispensaries in California have drastically cut street crime in neighborhoods with active establishments and given responsible adults an alternative to get what they want in a safe and organized fashion. However this cuts into the cash flow of local LEO so they push to make it all bad again and drive it back underground, so they can go back to busting responsible adults for doing things in a safe and organized manner.

I can easily see where organized street racing in a safe and prepared environment could really cut into revenue generated by busting street racers and impounding cars and the even far more lucrative market of criminal probation and restitution where you can guarantee income stream long after the crime was committed, you were convicted and supposedly paid your debt to society (however not to the state, with interest...) but I digress.

Vettezuki 03-01-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 93287)
This sucks! I've been itching to fix the trans in the Chevelle so I could go race it but now I have no where to go. I may have to pull the engine out and drop some new pistons in it so that I can run it on 91. That way I can criuse it around without race fuel.

I think the next closest 1/4 is Bakersfield.:huh: A little bit further from you the California Speedway.

kdracer73 03-01-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 93300)

Pomona has been noise restricted for years. They are only allowed so many events a year, and they save them for the big boys.

Vettezuki 03-01-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 93300)

And to chime in on topic, the medical marijuana dispensaries in California have drastically cut street crime in neighborhoods with active establishments and given responsible adults an alternative to get what they want in a safe and organized fashion. However this cuts into the cash flow of local LEO so they push to make it all bad again and drive it back underground, so they can go back to busting responsible adults for doing things in a safe and organized manner.

I can easily see where organized street racing in a safe and prepared environment could really cut into revenue generated by busting street racers and impounding cars and the even far more lucrative market of criminal probation and restitution where you can guarantee income stream long after the crime was committed, you were convicted and supposedly paid your debt to society (however not to the state, with interest...) but I digress.

Could just be a bunch of nannies and/or whining home owners that moved into the area after the fact. But your analysis is very often the correct one.

Shaolin Crane 03-01-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 93301)
I think the next closest 1/4 is Bakersfield.:huh: A little bit further from you the California Speedway.

Bakersfield is not "a little bit further" then california speedway.