Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Had Some Fun at the Dragstrip (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66492)

C5Natie 02-22-2015 09:49 PM

Had Some Fun at the Dragstrip

Well with the car being setup for the road course vs the dragstrip, its not easy trying to put the power to the ground. Even when launching it softly off idle and getting wheel spin it was still pretty fun. Ran 10.6 @ 134mph on some crappy old 275/40r17 drag radials. Need some full slicks and softer shocks if I ever want a serious 1/4mi et.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz7nVaWzoos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_wR-UvqQA

Vettezuki 02-22-2015 09:52 PM

What was your 60' and what the hell kind WHP are you putting down?

C5Natie 02-22-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 138565)
What was your 60' and what the hell kind WHP are you putting down?

1.68 60ft was the best I could muster up today and that was taking off lightly and feathering the throttle due to wheelspin. Almost 700rwhp.

94cobra69ss396 02-23-2015 09:49 AM

Nice! You have the Chevelle by 1 mph but you're putting down about 150rwhp more than me. If you can put that power down you will see more mph on the top end. With a softer front spring and some slicks you should be able to pull off 9 second passes. I pull high 1.4 low 1.5 60ft in the Chevelle. Depending on your stall speed you should be somewhere in that range I'd guess.

C5Natie 02-23-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 138584)
Nice! You have the Chevelle by 1 mph but you're putting down about 150rwhp more than me. If you can put that power down you will see more mph on the top end. With a softer front spring and some slicks you should be able to pull off 9 second passes. I pull high 1.4 low 1.5 60ft in the Chevelle. Depending on your stall speed you should be somewhere in that range I'd guess.

I was thinking, just to see what it can do, to put some old stock base shocks on, remove the front sway bar and put on a real slick and skinnies up front. Thing is with no roll bar I'd have one shot at it before I'd get kicked out lol. I have a 3200 stall.

Vettezuki 02-23-2015 01:02 PM

Supposed to have a roll bar under 11.5 aren't you, unless your car can run sub 11.5s stock, like the ZO6. :huh: IOW, why didn't you get booted with a mid 10?

C5Natie 02-23-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 138599)
Supposed to have a roll bar under 11.5 aren't you, unless your car can run sub 11.5s stock, like the ZO6. :huh: IOW, why didn't you get booted with a mid 10?

Man idk. They were so anal on tech and safety that they even were checking people's helmet chin straps in the staging lanes. What was new to me was when the tech Iinspector told me that 2008 and newer vettes were allowed to go 10.0 before needing a roll bar and 11.5 for older models. Idk since C5's and c6s share the same frame pretty much. Anyway, with the body modifications my c5 has they probably just weren't sure what year it was. I was ready to just get one run in but the girl at the booth just gave me my time slip and that was it. There was maybe less than 100 cars there too so it's not like I could hide in a crowd.

Vettezuki 02-23-2015 02:25 PM

That's what I remember basically, but I didn't know that was applied to non-ZO6s. There are a handful of cars that can run 10s stock now, and not just the > $1 million cars either.

Shaolin Crane 02-23-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Natie (Post 138603)
Man idk. They were so anal on tech and safety that they even were checking people's helmet chin straps in the staging lanes. What was new to me was when the tech Iinspector told me that 2008 and newer vettes were allowed to go 10.0 before needing a roll bar and 11.5 for older models. Idk since C5's and c6s share the same frame pretty much. Anyway, with the body modifications my c5 has they probably just weren't sure what year it was. I was ready to just get one run in but the girl at the booth just gave me my time slip and that was it. There was maybe less than 100 cars there too so it's not like I could hide in a crowd.

I never did get a clean pass in my 08 to confirm times, however I did trap between 112 and 120. They told me the same thing, any faster, regardless of time I would need a rollbar. Older vehicles they would have booted, but since the truck was pretty new they were allowing those ones to run faster.

Vettezuki 02-23-2015 07:28 PM

Nate, you're a little bit slower than Ron's Chevelle in the quarter, but not by much. Given that you take it to track days, high speed runs as well as cruises on public roads, I'd say it's the overall fastest street car on Motorgen. Ron's Cobra is (or at least was) the most heavily used fast street car. Hauling kids, entertainment system, still ran 11s and was the fastest track car at that Go-Kart track!