Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Painting Stuff (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43335)

Vettezuki 10-07-2012 02:03 AM

Painting Stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 104399)
Oh shit, when you blew up your motor?? Fuck ya I will. Do you have a compressor? I had to give mine back to my Dad

So you went with the Wilwoods? Badass, ha

You can use my garage and EARL for 25%. Money goes to MG operations. (i.e., Lemon, Snake, Site.) Just throwing it out there. :)

I'm moody, but I'd like to go with GS 5-link and Wilwoods all around for my C3, eventually a bitch slapping 383, maybe Supercharged. It's already something way different than people expect, but I see a couple levels up. :)

enkeivette 10-08-2012 12:25 AM

Painting Stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 104400)
You can use my garage and EARL for 25%. Money goes to MG operations. (i.e., Lemon, Snake, Site.) Just throwing it out there. :)

I'm moody, but I'd like to go with GS 5-link and Wilwoods all around for my C3, eventually a bitch slapping 383, maybe Supercharged. It's already something way different than people expect, but I see a couple levels up. :)

Those 5 links are cool, because once you lower a C3 to a certain point toe goes in when the suspension compresses. Which is not what you want when cornering. But the 5 link corrects that.

I really want that Toms 12 bolt stuffed into my IRS.

I think the 383 is kind of a waste of your time. You've got an LS in place. Just buy some low comp heads and/ or pistons, and boost that bitch up.

Shaolin Crane 10-09-2012 12:59 AM

Carlos/Adam. Y'all are more then welcome to use the shop for spraying purposes. We have 2 300 gallons compressors that make paint work easy. Hell, painted almost 3 cars there so far.

enkeivette 10-09-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 104493)
Carlos/Adam. Y'all are more then welcome to use the shop for spraying purposes. We have 2 300 gallons compressors that make paint work easy. Hell, painted almost 3 cars there so far.

Sweet, winning. :beer:

PM sent Carlos

Vettezuki 10-15-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 104493)

Good to know, the project cars will need to be sprayed (though we can just redneck the Lemon in a garage wherever it is). Also, fortune is slowly beginning to turn for me and I will return to working on the Vette within a year and paint is one of the things I'd like to do; it's pretty nasty now.

Shaolin Crane 10-15-2012 01:29 PM

A full on paint job is pretty difficult here. Especially because of the train. Individual items are fine they just take a little more care and prep along with a fair amount of buffing after. But better then paying a shop since its illegal to rent a booth in CA now