Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   The Best Cars For People Who Can't Park (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30511)

RSS Reader 07-26-2011 09:24 PM

The Best Cars For People Who Can't Park

The Best Cars For People Who Can't Park

Can't fit your car between the white lines? Try these vehicles.It can happen to even the most careful driver: hurriedly squeezing into a parking space, you hear the sickening crunch of plastic scraping against another vehicle or object. No driving trip is complete without parking a vehicle, but it can be a chore that perplexes everyone from driving school graduates to middle-age commuters.

Photo Gallery: The Best Cars For People Who Can't Park - Automobile Magazine

The Best Cars For People Who Can't Park | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...

Redondo Jon 07-27-2011 03:17 AM

It’s because parking spaces have shrunk. Well, crappy drivers too but…

Vettezuki 07-27-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 80101)
It’s because parking spaces have shrunk. Well, crappy drivers too but…

Yeah, the civil engineers who cooked up the compact space should be water boarded. It's almost funny. You drive into these lots with tons of compact space and there is a significant percentage of double parking because people can't fit very well. This was some asshole's idea of encouraging smaller cars or lots that needed to list a higher number of spaces, it's BS.

Small White Car 07-27-2011 08:30 AM

The issue with 'compact' spaces is a little trickier than one may think, most of the time it's done in order to fulfill a zoning law that says if you add ANY type of floor space, you MUST add parking spaces so if you want to expand your storage closets, you'll need additional parking spaces so don't blame the engineers completely.

You know who you can blame completely...

That damned housecow in her in her giant SUV who figures that an open parking space is an open parking space even if it only an inch wider than her Moommy mobile and sends her little fat kids into the McDonalds to complain about her fries being cold while she sits on her giant ass with a phone attached to her ear.

Shaolin Crane 07-27-2011 09:10 AM

Here is the best vehicle for people who cant park

silverscmustang 07-27-2011 10:26 AM

lol SWC

Vettezuki 07-27-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 80117)
The issue with 'compact' spaces is a little trickier than one may think, most of the time it's done in order to fulfill a zoning law that says if you add ANY type of floor space, you MUST add parking spaces so if you want to expand your storage closets, you'll need additional parking spaces so don't blame the engineers completely. . .

I didn't. I said: "or lots that needed to list a higher number of spaces."

Abolish zoning laws. They are (another) crime against humanity.

Leedom 07-27-2011 12:27 PM

My friend lives in an apartment complex where I do not even feel comfortable parking my mustang in some of the spots. My F-150 goes not even fit in a bunch of the. The spots are totally stupid. I know why they do it but 5 cars end up fitting in 6 spots anyway.

Redondo Jon 07-27-2011 06:50 PM

Small White Car:
"That damned housecow in her in her giant SUV who figures that an open parking space is an open parking space even if it only an inch wider than her Moommy mobile and sends her little fat kids into the McDonalds to complain about her fries being cold while she sits on her giant ass with a phone attached to her ear". :rolling:

I needed a good laugh today; thanks for that.

Damian 07-27-2011 07:28 PM

I can't stand those idiots who back into parking stalls and it's not even close and don't bother to park like a descent human being. You know, those lazy bastards that go the wrong way down a parking lot driveway to get that spot that's 2 or 3 stalls closer to Walmart.