Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tickets and Accidents (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   I'll be fighting this one (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17258)

Leedom 06-10-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 53215)
I'm sure it's a trap. When he said "I got you for speed" I said, "I was doing 50 in a 50." That's when he said "it's 35" to which I responded, "you guys are unbelievable." At that point I bit my tongue. I really wanted to ask him what it feels like to be an armed robber, or that I have more respect for the mob because at least their honest about extortion. But I really don't want to end up on the news just yet.

I was written for 53 in a 35. That's less than 20. There was NOBODY else on the road within 100s of yards. He was in a car. Probably there all night fattening up on the public.

You need to really look for the posted limit signs in the area to verify the 35 zone. It you need any graphics help let me know.

Shaolin Crane 06-10-2010 10:55 PM

ALL the tickets i have ever fought, the officer didnt show up, figure he writes 100 tickets a month, he would rather be on that street issuing tickets than going and fighting the tickets, but the speed limit and MAXIMUM speed are different the city has what they call the reasonable and prudent safety speed, each city has its streets divided into zones that surveyors have placed maximum SAFE speed limits for each zone, but citys can adjust them to whatever they'd like, being that this is most likely a speed trap, that entire length of road is most likely a safe speed limit of 70mph and you can DEFINITELY fight it by proving that you may have been speeding according to the posted limit but what you were doing wasnt unsafe, and remember so many departments are under the gun to pull in revenue to keep the officers they currently have that they are pulling people over right and left, i pulled into my shop last thursday night (posted limit of 40mph) and as i was walking inside in my own parking lot he lights me up and tells me to get inside, to make a long story short he was looking for any reason to write me a ticket but couldnt because i was on my own property, shit he even left 2 black stripes when he took off, just be careful out there

Damian 06-10-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 53215)
I'm sure it's a trap. When he said "I got you for speed" I said, "I was doing 50 in a 50." That's when he said "it's 35" to which I responded, "you guys are unbelievable." At that point I bit my tongue. I really wanted to ask him what it feels like to be an armed robber, or that I have more respect for the mob because at least their honest about extortion. But I really don't want to end up on the news just yet.

I was written for 53 in a 35. That's less than 20. There was NOBODY else on the road within 100s of yards. He was in a car. Probably there all night fattening up on the public.

I got hit for 52 in the 35. I already went back there and double checked the speed limits and that section is 35mph. A block and a half north of there at La Mirada jumps to 45mph. I forget how far south it's 35mph, but it's for at least a mile or so.

Vettezuki 06-10-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 53223)
. . .shit he even left 2 black stripes when he took off, just be careful out there

Where I live in Fullerton, just the other day a cop was blasting around on Orangethorpe around residential areas at 60-70, blew a left red, middle of the day, people around . . . no lights or sirens.

They are the law. They do whatever the fuck they want.

Shaolin Crane 06-10-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 53227)
Where I live in Fullerton, just the other day a cop was blasting around on Orangethorpe around residential areas at 60-70, blew a left red, middle of the day, people around . . . no lights or sirens.

They are the law. They do whatever the fuck they want.

I'm not gonna say im not looking forward to it, but its true

enkeivette 06-10-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 53220)
You need to really look for the posted limit signs in the area to verify the 35 zone. It you need any graphics help let me know.

Hahahaha.

And if Adam helps you out, let me know if you need help after you're thrown in jail for trying to pull a fast one on the judge.

Shaolin Crane 06-10-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 53231)
I think not wearing a seatbelt is dumb, but I'm still with Chuck on this one. If it doesn't infringe on the rights of others it has no legal justification.

As far as drinking and driving, I think the limit should be raised, definitely. A .08 is what? Two beers? I'm as light weight as it gets, I drink maybe three or four times a year. And I can barely feel two beers.

Not sure if I posted a thread on this, but a cop let me go for doing 83 in a 65 last month. Sometimes it pays to be nice.

I was let go for doing 120 in a 35 once...

enkeivette 06-11-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 53234)
I was let go for doing 120 in a 35 once...

Need more explanation before I believe that.

94cobra69ss396 06-11-2010 10:36 PM

My buddy had that sme thing happen only he was doing 150 in a 45. It was back in the early 90's in Diamond Bar. He was going down Diamond Bar Blvd on his new bike and a cop got him on radar. The cop told him that was the fastest he'd ever radared anyone going and let him off with a warning.

Vettezuki 06-11-2010 10:54 PM

The popo are out in mad force. Must have got the directive to go fleece the public. I've never seen as many police pulling people over as I have in the last couple days; streets, freeways, everywhere.