Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Good injectors (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31830)

89StangGuy 09-08-2011 11:53 AM

Good injectors

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good set on Injectors that's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg. I checked over on RC engineering in Torrance, and it's a bit pricey but i hear they have a really good rep and injectors. I think they're asking $88 per injector, but that's a bit more than I'd like to spend. But i will if i have to. Unless anyone has any other suggestions? They're for my 1984 Ford mustang SVO. So they gotta be low Impedence, 30lb injectors or i think equivalent to 300cc? Any suggestions appreciated. Just not sure which ones are worth getting. I'm only running 16 lbs of boost on a mostly stock car.

Shaolin Crane 09-08-2011 03:14 PM

30lb injectors go for about $100 a set of 8, thats how much i grabbed mine fore, ive seen about 4 sets in the past month for similar prices

89StangGuy 09-08-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 82646)
30lb injectors go for about $100 a set of 8, thats how much i grabbed mine fore, ive seen about 4 sets in the past month for similar prices

Are these injectors on craigslist or new? I'm really looking to buy new ones. I've bought a few different sets of injectors and they always seem to burn out on me when i get em used because the seller can always say, "There's only 20,000 miles on em!" When they could all be s**t, and there's no full proof way to know unless you take them somewhere to get them flow tested

Shaolin Crane 09-08-2011 05:24 PM

I never buy new, oem injectors rarely go out, corral and craigslist are great, buy a set of 8 and sell 4 of them on the svo forums

Vettezuki 09-08-2011 06:42 PM

Another option is to have your injectors rebuilt and flow matched (including compensated if you have the problem we do on LS motors). Ask for John at Injectors Plus. I and several others here have used them and they're great.

Transparency: He's a sponsor.

enkeivette 09-09-2011 03:29 PM

Injectorsss Plusssssss

jsup 09-09-2011 05:56 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the link.

Give me a call, let me know what you're trying to accomplish, we have a lot of happy customers and sell a quality product.

Now to your specific injectors, those SVO injectors are nearly impossible to find. The best we can offer is to rebuild the ones you have.

I just got a set in, I have to call the customer we can't fill it because they just aren't available.

Send them in, we'll test and rebuld them for $25. Our rebuilds are guaranteed for life, we use quality parts, and do the most professional job in the market. I'm not saying we do the best job, I am saying no one does better.

The biggest problems with those specific injectors is that the cases leak, as long as the cases don't leak, we can rebuld them. You'll know as soon as you see them.

Shaolin Crane 09-09-2011 11:16 PM

The testing, does that include a flow test? If so I may drop my accel 44lbers off for piece of mind