Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   June 4, Fox Theater "Field of Dreams" (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3980)

Vettezuki 05-18-2009 12:35 AM

June 4, Fox Theater "Field of Dreams"

Alright ya'lls, who wants to go see "Field of Dreams" at a drive in experience in downtown Fullerton?

Click here for the event.

It's not on their event calendar, but here's the Fox Fullerton site.

Field of Dreams, Movies On The Fox, Thursday, June 4, 2009, 7:30 p.m. The evening's program will begin at about 7:30 p.m., with the main feature beginning about 8:00 p.m. Parental Warning: The movie is rated PG.

"If you build it, he will come." That's the ethereal message that inspires Iowa farmer Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) to construct a baseball diamond in the middle of his cornfield. At first, "he" seems to be the ghost of disgraced ballplayer Shoeless Joe Jackson (Ray Liotta), who materializes on the ball field and plays a few games with the awestruck Ray. But as the weeks go by, Ray receives several other messages from a disembodied voice, one of which is "Ease his pain." He realizes that his ball field has been divinely ordained to give a second chance to people who have sacrificed certain valuable aspects of their lives.

That "magical" field in Dyersville, Iowa still draws thousands of baseball-happy tourists each year. Field of Dreams was released in 1989, and has a running time of 1 hour and 47 minutes.

As always, Movies On The Fox are presented free of charge. Dress warmly. Bring your own chairs or blankets and join us in the parking lot behind the Fox Fullerton Theatre located on the corner of Harbor Boulevard and Chapman Avenue in downtown Fullerton. Concession snack and beverage sales will be available.

BRUTAL64 05-18-2009 08:54 AM

Field of Dreams???? :sm_up_there:

SeanPlunk 05-18-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 22574)
Field of Dreams???? :sm_up_there:

Great movie. The 2nd best baseball movie of all time (behind Bull Durham).

BRUTAL64 05-18-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 22577)

I'm kinda fond of "The Natural":drink:

SexyLxy 05-18-2009 09:47 AM

This is on a Thursday right??

Vettezuki 05-18-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 22577)

You are correct sir. For some reason I had Bull Durham floating in my mind when I read Field of Dreams. So let's just make it "a great baseball movie." ;)

Vettezuki 05-18-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 22585)
This is on a Thursday right??

That's what my calendar says. :p

SexyLxy 05-18-2009 12:47 PM

It just seemed odd to be held on a thursday, that is all.

Vettezuki 05-18-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 22600)
It just seemed odd to be held on a thursday, that is all.

It's because it's using up a parking lot in a restaurant area. Friday and Saturday night are their big business nights, and the drive-in action doesn't bring in any scratch for them.

Douglas Mariani 05-18-2009 06:22 PM

What happened to a car movie:(

If You Build It........Supercharge it