Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Turbo Rebuild? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7675)

89StangGuy 09-08-2009 09:47 AM

Turbo Rebuild?

Hey everyone, just i have a 85 SVO turbo and i just swapped out the injectors to 42 lbers decided to turn up the boost up a bit to 14lbs and install my 3" downpipe. Turbo decides to give way. I was wondering how much I'm looking at for a rebuild for the stock turbo? Also maybe where i can get it done? Also if anyone knows where i can get someone to mandrel bend me some straight pipe to my downpipe so it's not as loud (I'm only running the downpipe and don't need cats).

94cobra69ss396 09-08-2009 10:25 AM

Try Turbo City in Orange. I know they rebuild turbos. As for exhaust, just start calling local shops and see if any of them mandrel bend tubing.

How's the 5.0 running?

BRUTAL64 09-08-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 31623)
Try Turbo City in Orange. I know they rebuild turbos. As for exhaust, just start calling local shops and see if any of them mandrel bend tubing.

How's the 5.0 running?

Yea, I used them to rebuild 260 and 280 Z turbos.:bigthumbsup:

Damian 09-08-2009 11:17 AM

I have a friend by Cali Speedway that rebuilds turbos. If you want, I can pm you his number.

SeanPlunk 09-08-2009 11:59 AM

I'm confused. Is this going on an actual SVO, or on a 5.0?

89StangGuy 09-08-2009 12:16 PM

THanks for all the responses guys.

Ron - The 5.0 is running pretty good. Those oil leaks, and exhaust leaks are gone. Still surges but i am going to go through and clean all the connectors, salt and pepper shakers to try to figure it out. I will give them a call. Around what is the price range for rebuilds? I will also call around and try to find a place near me. I also replaced the plug wires, and plug themselves, got the 8 buck a piece densos. Runs great now. I'm actually planning on showing up to the motorgen meet this Sat after i get everything taken care of.

Yes can you PM me the number for the turbo shop near cali. speedway? I wanna get a good gauge on how much it's really supposed to be costing me.

Yes i have a 85 SVO and an 89 Mustang 5.0. It's going on the SVO cause the turbo blew after i did a few things to it. Stocker couldn't handle the boost.

SeanPlunk 09-08-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89StangGuy (Post 31637)
THanks for all the responses guys.

Ron - The 5.0 is running pretty good. Those oil leaks, and exhaust leaks are gone. Still surges but i am going to go through and clean all the connectors, salt and pepper shakers to try to figure it out. I will give them a call. Around what is the price range for rebuilds? I will also call around and try to find a place near me. I also replaced the plug wires, and plug themselves, got the 8 buck a piece densos. Runs great now. I'm actually planning on showing up to the motorgen meet this Sat after i get everything taken care of.

Yes can you PM me the number for the turbo shop near cali. speedway? I wanna get a good gauge on how much it's really supposed to be costing me.

Yes i have a 85 SVO and an 89 Mustang 5.0. It's going on the SVO cause the turbo blew after i did a few things to it. Stocker couldn't handle the boost.

Awesome - I love SVO's. Post pics :bigthumbsup:

89StangGuy 09-08-2009 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the only pic i have right now. Primer gray :)

Damian 09-08-2009 01:54 PM

Ill just post it here for others if they want it. He sells and rebuilds turbos.

Nick M.
Performance Turbo chargers
8482 Cherry Ave
Fontana, CA 92335
909-429-7204

heypal 09-08-2009 09:37 PM

+1 for turbo city I don't know nick m but he might be good too.