Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal Car Shows, Meets, Cruises, Racing (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Angeles Crest Drive, Sunday 1/25/15 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65409)

Shaolin Crane 01-25-2015 06:01 PM

It was fun seeing everyone for the, I dunno, 15 minutes I was there.

C5Natie 01-25-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 137408)
It was fun seeing everyone for the, I dunno, 15 minutes I was there.

Sucks you couldnt join us man. At least its an easy fix. Every hotrod has its bugs. Hopefully its running perfect on the next one.

C5Natie 01-25-2015 09:28 PM

It was a beautiful day for a drive up ACH. Had a blast driving up there. It was really cool to see new and old faces. A few left early and others arrived a bit late but it was all good. After getting some lunch and watching the Corvette C7R's kick some ass, myself and a buddy took Big Tujunga/Angeles Forest/Upper Tujunga back down. All the roads were open, clean and beautiful. Hope to see more of you on the next one.

Couple guys left before I took some pics. Should have my gopro on the next one.

C5Natie 01-25-2015 09:38 PM

And screw the damn fire truck that wouldnt let us pass!:censored::tantrum:

Shaolin Crane 01-25-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Natie (Post 137410)
Sucks you couldnt join us man. At least its an easy fix. Every hotrod has its bugs. Hopefully its running perfect on the next one.

So far it's not fixed, I tried rerouting the fuel lines and it finally started after dying on the drive back. I think either the tank vent is stuck, or that it's too full of fuel to allow the air to vent from the lines after I removed them. Tomorrow i'll drain the tank in an attempt to purge the lines. Then again the boiling fuel could have ruined the FPR so i'm gonna replace that too.

C5Natie 01-25-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 137413)
So far it's not fixed, I tried rerouting the fuel lines and it finally started after dying on the drive back. I think either the tank vent is stuck, or that it's too full of fuel to allow the air to vent from the lines after I removed them. Tomorrow i'll drain the tank in an attempt to purge the lines. Then again the boiling fuel could have ruined the FPR so i'm gonna replace that too.

Yeah thats why I mentioned the vent. Ive seen a few fuel pumps get burned up from the tank not being able to vent properly. It sounded good though when it was running.

Vettezuki 01-26-2015 12:56 AM

Must have been a gorgeous day up there. I'm fix'n to take my Vette to get it back to better running condition this week.

Shaolin Crane 01-26-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Natie (Post 137414)
Yeah thats why I mentioned the vent. Ive seen a few fuel pumps get burned up from the tank not being able to vent properly. It sounded good though when it was running.

Ran amazing the whole drive before getting off the freeway :sm_laughing:

C5Natie 01-26-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 137415)
Must have been a gorgeous day up there. I'm fix'n to take my Vette to get it back to better running condition this week.

It was beautiful day up there man. Perfect really for driving and the roads were pretty clean, not too many rocks. Hopefully you make the next one. I'll be posting another one up soon.

Damian 01-26-2015 12:46 PM

I wish I would have seen this, I would have gone. My in laws were down so I had babysitters!