Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Evolution of a wagon (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33030)

Spots 10-18-2011 11:35 PM

Evolution of a wagon

Whats up guys. This is just a small build thread on my wagon. Its built for grip driving right now, but I still get it sideways awd style every now and then also.

The day I bought her Oct. 2010

My first mod was deleting the roof rails

Then came drop springs, catless downpipe, straight pipe exhaust and the tune

Learning to get it sideways

Then came seats and harnesses that turned out to be a bad idea because they weren't comfy and were kinda loose feeling. Not quality stuff :bang:

Than came the ricer shit, lime green accents

Then I went on deployment, and now that I'm back I've thrown in a new Parts shop max shift knob

And Alt 362 17x8 rims with Hoosier R5 road race slicks.

Plus I went back to stock seats. (no pics)

And thats were the car is now. Coming up is a welded rear diff, its a VLSD right now that works ok. Also getting a hydro handbrake and a few other things. Well thanks for look guys.

Spots 10-18-2011 11:36 PM

Now some more pics just for fun

Vettezuki 10-19-2011 12:27 AM

I love wagons and hatch backs. I'll never understand why they aren't more popular?

BADDASSC6 10-19-2011 05:26 AM

Why weld the diff and install a hydraulic hand brake? Shifting to drifting?

silverscmustang 10-19-2011 08:11 AM

very nice build, looks like a lot of fun

Shaolin Crane 10-19-2011 08:24 AM

Not my thing, loose the green crap and im sure i'd like it alot more.

Spots 10-19-2011 08:47 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 85196)
Not my thing, loose the green crap and im sure i'd like it alot more.

Yeah the only green thing left is theheadlights and as soon as I get time they are coming out to be sprayed black

94cobra69ss396 10-19-2011 10:09 AM

Like Carlos asked, why weld the rear carrier? Have you ever driven a car on the street with a spool? They're terrible. Unless you plan on driving it in the dirt only I would just keep the LSD.

Spots 10-19-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 85186)
Why weld the diff and install a hydraulic hand brake? Shifting to drifting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 85212)
Like Carlos asked, why weld the rear carrier? Have you ever driven a car on the street with a spool? They're terrible. Unless you plan on driving it in the dirt only I would just keep the LSD.

I should have said I was welding a SPARE carrier. That was my oops. I'm welding it for the gymkhana and drift events around SD, and just to throw in and have some fun occasionally. The Hydro ebrake is just something I've always wanted and it doesn't affect day to day driving so its all good. I have driven cars with welded diffs daily before. I had a 78 F-150 with a welded a 9" rear end, and some of other cars. Way fun lol.

94cobra69ss396 10-19-2011 11:33 AM

Parking between two cars in parking lots is always fun with a spool. Especially if the rear suspension is soft. Not only does it take a 15 point turn entry but once your in one side of the car is about 1 foot higher than the other, lol.