Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1999 Corvette TCS/ABS Issues (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84991)

Shaolin Crane 11-05-2016 07:39 PM

1999 Corvette TCS/ABS Issues

In an attempt to get the car ready for a track day I fixed the horrendous oil leaks and detailed the engine bay. That's where everything went south. I used regular soap and very low pressure water. Few hours later getting on the freeway the tires broke loose and now the TCS/ABS error is consistent on the car.

Cleaned all the grounds, removed the EBCM plug, cleaned, applied die electric grease, reinstalled and it cleared up the C1255 code, however I am still showing a hard P1268 and C1276.

Any luck it's something stupid or did I just get the dreaded EBCM replacement that no one makes and only the few seem to have?

Vettezuki 11-16-2016 04:19 AM

I'm assuming you cleared and they reset again? Still happening? If so, that's not good news . . .

Shaolin Crane 11-17-2016 06:00 PM

Yep cleared them, checked all the pinouts, now I have a hard No comm. error when I check the codes, so I guess it's time to grab my ankles and search for an EBCM

Vettezuki 11-22-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 158429)
Yep cleared them, checked all the pinouts, now I have a hard No comm. error when I check the codes, so I guess it's time to grab my ankles and search for an EBCM

LKQ Corp might have ones at a decent price. Then again, may not be entirely stupid to get a new OEM if available.

Shaolin Crane 11-25-2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 158577)
LKQ Corp might have ones at a decent price. Then again, may not be entirely stupid to get a new OEM if available.

Well normally I would have just ordered another one, however...
GM claims to have lost most of the design schematics for the C5 during the bailout. They can't make them new anymore, there are no companies that can reliably re-manufacture them and the early modules are different than the 01+ years. There are a few on ebay ranging from 1200-2200 :/

Vettezuki 12-12-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 158660)
Well normally I would have just ordered another one, however...
GM claims to have lost most of the design schematics for the C5 during the bailout. They can't make them new anymore, there are no companies that can reliably re-manufacture them and the early modules are different than the 01+ years. There are a few on ebay ranging from 1200-2200 :/

Did you check LKQ? You can also ask SpeedScene Wiring in TX. He might have a line on them or even have a few.

Also you might check through my rebuild thread. I think I bought a used one from LKQ, and sent it to a guy who does nothing but rebuild them. It's about as close to OEM as you can get.