Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Good deal on razors! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37398)

Chuck 03-09-2012 09:56 PM

Good deal on razors!

Check this out Razors for a couple bucks a month. I just ordered the executive razor ill post results.

Leedom 03-10-2012 01:00 AM

I would buy the razors for no other reason than I love the sales video on their site.

AARP 03-10-2012 01:40 AM

Or shave like your grandpa actually did - with a safety razor and a brush to lather.

^Not mine, but same razor I use. 1952 Gillette Super Speed.

An $8 box of 100 blades lasts me about 2 years. Along with that a $10 disc of soap lasts about 6 months.

Shaolin Crane 03-10-2012 01:58 AM

I used this in a pinch at the dojo a few times

It'll even go through a kevlar vest. Not the most comfortable shave though.

AARP 03-10-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 93870)
I used this in a pinch at the dojo a few times

It'll even go through a kevlar vest. Not the most comfortable shave though.

Yup, I've trimmed a few times with my EDC. Spyderco Caly 3 in ZDP-189. Takes a wicked edge and is in my opinion the best knife to have riding in your pocket.

Vettezuki 03-10-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AARP (Post 93871)
Yup, I've trimmed a few times with my EDC. Spyderco Caly 3 in ZDP-189. Takes a wicked edge and is in my opinion the best knife to have riding in your pocket.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I keep looking for a good folding EDC knife. I'd like a straight blade for a neck knife, but in CA, that can be problematic as all fixed blades are supposed to be open carry.

AARP 03-10-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 93872)
Hey, thanks for the tip. I keep looking for a good folding EDC knife. I'd like a straight blade for a neck knife, but in CA, that can be problematic as all fixed blades are supposed to be open carry.

Yup, I swear by Spyderco. If you're on a budget I'd look at a Delica in VG-10. Both of my knives are in ZDP-189 which is rather pricey but holds a razor edge forever.

Shaolin Crane 03-10-2012 08:48 AM

I HATE spiderco knives. I've broken more then I can remember. I stepped up to SOG and never looked back, lifetime warranty and I've even snuck my trident through a few metal detectors. I've had the same knife about 6 or 7 years now, if it gets dull, I send it back for a sharpening, if something wears out, like the spring assist, they replace it no questions asked, Turn around was about a week.

Chuck 03-10-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 93866)
I would buy the razors for no other reason than I love the sales video on their site.

It is awesome. That's why I bought it.

blackax 03-11-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 93877)
I HATE spiderco knives. I've broken more then I can remember. I stepped up to SOG and never looked back, lifetime warranty and I've even snuck my trident through a few metal detectors. I've had the same knife about 6 or 7 years now, if it gets dull, I send it back for a sharpening, if something wears out, like the spring assist, they replace it no questions asked, Turn around was about a week.

I love my sog. Best Knife hands down!