Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Home Warranty FTW! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157)

SeanPlunk 02-09-2009 08:09 PM

Home Warranty FTW!

So you know those home warranty's that you get offered when you buy a place? Well, the wife and I bought a one year contract for about $300 when we bought this place. At the time I figured we wouldn't ever use it, but it was cheap enough to be worth having just in case. Well, today she calls me and our water heater gave out. Nothing major, but it definitely needs replacement. So we call the warranty company and it's covered :D:D:D

So basically we're getting a water heater for $300 and the per service cost of $55. Not too shabby, especially considering we had already used it once before for the pipes. It's good to have, but I'm hoping this is the last time we use it before it runs out in November :leaving:

keithc 02-09-2009 09:40 PM

Yeah, we got one for the same price on our place and I plan on extending it after the year is up. :bigthumbsup:

gsteichen 02-10-2009 06:38 AM

THe compressor went out and we were able to have our ENTIRE aire conditioning unit replaced for $50 10mo's after we bought our place!:drink::drink:

SexyLxy 02-10-2009 04:34 PM

You can extend...? I'm gonna have to check on that one for sure! It's a wonderful (and cheep thing to have) considering it's not a homeowners policy that can't up your premiums or cx your policy.

I'm waiting for the AC to not work. Lol, i'm tempted to turn it on in our 60 degree weather just to make sure. But the poor warranty people are going to think I'm doing fraud seeing as how I've put in the claim for the water heater (worth about $800 installed) but when it rains, about 1/4 of the ac is under water and all the wires and such are drowning in a pool. Yeah the cement block it sits on, is a victim of erosion....

I'll keep ya posted but we for sure got out money out of this company. It's called fidelity national home warranty. Keith, who do you have?

keithc 02-11-2009 08:30 AM

I was told we could extend it after the year was up and I repeated that back to him because I wanted to make sure I heard him correctly...now, obviously we haven't reached that point yet, so I can't say for sure. As far as the company goes, I don't know off the top of my head, but I can check when I get home.

Yeah, I would say if your A/C is partially underwater you definitely should check to make sure it works before your warranty expires...that doesn't sound good!:nuts:

SexyLxy 05-18-2009 11:18 AM

Home Warranty FTW....AGAIN! :)

Well, one of the two outstanding old appliances have hit the dust...we think.

Upon our return of vacation we ran the AC for a little bit as the house was warm. I was gone but Sean informed me that he went for a walk and came back to a warm house. The AC unit was still running but wasn't producing anything.

I got home and tried playing around with the temps...hot and cold. Both units would "turn on" but no breeze....

I put in a lovely lil call to the home warranty people, they'll be out tomorrow to assess our damage. They must think we are con artists. I'm so going to be buying an extended warranty. :) Soooo worth it!