Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Honda kills new NSX, S2000, V8 Engine Program and RWD program... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057)

SeanPlunk 01-06-2009 11:48 AM

Honda kills new NSX, S2000, V8 Engine Program and RWD program...

What a bummer. Today Honda killed the V10 Acura NSX, the successor to the S2000, their V8 engine project, and their RWD chassis for future Acura's :suicide:

Honda is really in a weird place right now in my opinion. I don't really like any of their designs (civic, accord, pilot, or ridgeline) and the Acura designs are a complete joke (TSX, RL). Also, I don't see how Acura can compete with Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and Cadillac with only V6 and FWD vehicles....

Vettezuki 01-06-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12742)
. . .Also, I don't see how Acura can compete with Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and Cadillac with only V6 and FWD vehicles....

Honda has often bucked conventional wisdom and apparent trends. They were the only big Japanese maker not to go full into trucks (like Toyota and Nissan). That worked for them quite well. How do they compete? Maybe those other makers won't be able to make V8 RWD platforms for long, and Honda will net all of the development cost straight to the bottom line. They ain't dumb.

MeNmyType-SH 01-25-2009 03:31 PM

Oh well.

No VTEC V8 for us, yet! haha

SeanPlunk 01-25-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeNmyType-SH (Post 14270)
Oh well.

No VTEC V8 for us, yet! haha

I know, it's sad. I would have settled for a new S2000 with the turbo 2.3 out of the RDX :D

MeNmyType-SH 01-26-2009 11:59 AM

That would be pretty sick...but then people are going to put different turbos and such on them, and those rods are pencil thin as it is, and BOOM! All 4 out the side!

I know Honda guys, 96% of them are abunch of Morons that think you can get a VTEC controller and set it at 2,000 RPM and thier shit will be fast. hah. :rolleyes:

Oh well. :]

SeanPlunk 01-26-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeNmyType-SH (Post 14326)
That would be pretty sick...but then people are going to put different turbos and such on them, and those rods are pencil thin as it is, and BOOM! All 4 out the side!

I know Honda guys, 96% of them are abunch of Morons that think you can get a VTEC controller and set it at 2,000 RPM and thier shit will be fast. hah. :rollseyes:

Oh well. :]

It's official today, they killed the S2000 :(

It's really too bad, I always thought they were cool cars.

silvertermi04 01-28-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 14328)
It's official today, they killed the S2000 :(

It's really too bad, I always thought they were cool cars.

YES. one less import :pot_stir::pot_stir::pot_stir: :leaving::leaving:

trymev8 12-01-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertermi04 (Post 14410)
YES. one less import :pot_stir::pot_stir::pot_stir: :leaving::leaving:

one less import in production. but it just means that this well built and designed roadster will hold its place as one of the best built roadsters of its time. at least they arent going to ruin it by making some dumb version of it to keep its name on the market like most car manufacturers do. and at least honda isnt going under like some domestic manufacturers are :mad:

SeanPlunk 12-01-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trymev8 (Post 39053)
one less import in production. but it just means that this well built and designed roadster will hold its place as one of the best built roadsters of its time. at least they arent going to ruin it by making some dumb version of it to keep its name on the market like most car manufacturers do. and at least honda isnt going under like some domestic manufacturers are :mad:

True. The S2000 is an awesome car and I can't really think of anything else quite like it (although the MX5 is kind of similar). It's really too bad they killed it off :(

enkeivette 12-01-2009 01:12 PM

LS3 + S2000 = S6000

:cool: