Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   :o Did you guys know that corvettes... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648)

enkeivette 09-03-2008 12:53 PM

:o Did you guys know that corvettes...

Haven't been made out of fiberglass for about 35 years now. :truestory: Apparently since the mid 70s they've been made out of something called SMC, sheet molded compound. Now I get to go buy SMC compatible... everything, grind the repair out of my hood and hopefull return my glass filler for store credit. :sadbanana:

I thought this was common knowledge. I'm still in disbelief. You'd think that a rumor like that would have been expelled after 25 years. And I've talked with tons of C3ers about using glass resin on my vette, and never a word. So don't act like yall already knew about this. Gay.

Vettezuki 09-03-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 5824)
Haven't been made out of fiberglass for about 35 years now. :truestory: Apparently since the mid 70s they've been made out of something called SMC, sheet molded compound. Now I get to go buy SMC compatible... everything, grind the repair out of my hood and hopefull return my glass filler for store credit. :sadbanana:

I thought this was common knowledge. I'm still in disbelief. You'd think that a roomer like that would have been expelled after 25 years. And I've talked with tons of C3ers about using glass resin on my vette, and never a word. So don't act like yall already knew about this. Gay.

Yeah, meant to tell you. . . actually, no, didn't know that.

CorruptCulture 09-03-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 5824)

I thought this was common knowledge. I'm still in disbelief. You'd think that a roomer like that would have been expelled after 25 years. And I've talked with tons of C3ers about using glass resin on my vette, and never a word. So don't act like yall already knew about this. Gay.

Nope, but I did know that roomer has a U in it...

enkeivette 09-03-2008 03:30 PM

Ohh RUMOR. Been sniffing too much resin. How about "yall" did I spell that correctly?

Vettezuki 09-03-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 5833)
. . .How about "yall" did I spell that correctly?

No. It's "ya'll."

CorruptCulture 09-03-2008 04:52 PM

Welcome to the internet... where no one likes you.

BADDASSC6 09-03-2008 06:02 PM

1) Wow that sucks about the resin. New Corvettes are made out of plastic ad Carbon Fiber.
2) This is the internet, not a spelling bee.

Vettezuki 09-03-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 5847)
. . .

omg ur wack . . . lol, jk.

enkeivette 09-03-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 5848)
omg ur wack . . . lol, jk.

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

C6, what sort of plastic? Fiberglass is mostly plastic techincally. The resin is polyester. I'm pretty sure even SMC is poly resin.

CorruptCulture 09-03-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 5847)

I just couldn't let roomer go by without saying anything... :nutkick: