Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Angeles Crest - Jun. 10, 2012 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36035)

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 02:05 AM

Nobody died. That's good. Hopefully you weren't stuck up there too long.

94cobra69ss396 06-11-2012 08:39 AM

Nobody doied but I did get a little sunburned.

funevox 06-11-2012 09:00 AM

Been a while since I went to a cruise, glad I made it to this one. Props to you guys, had lots of fun and met some cool peeps. Until next time.

SeanPlunk 06-11-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 98608)
I wouldn't call it an accident as much as I'd call it shit happens. I couldn't go right since I already was to the right and I didn't want to fly over the double yellows. So I hoped the Vette would clear it and well it didn't, shit happens I made my choice and stuck with it.

I was just messing with you, it was definitely just bad luck :(

As long as you're up and running for Laguna Seca it doesn't matter :)

Redondo Jon 06-11-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 98599)
Stupid heat seeking rocks.

Jerry,
I feel bad that a rock ended your day before it was over. We were lockstep the whole way having a great time, then I looked in my side mirror and… nothing. I couldn’t see anyone so I slowed way down, gave it a corner then stopped on the road. Pretty soon a few cars I recognized showed up so we continued. I thought that maybe you’d turned out to change the order but I never thought of a large rock severing your oil-cooler line. I don’t feel as badly about your car getting damaged as I do about leaving you stranded; sorry man. I hope AAA got to you before too long.

Small White Car 06-11-2012 10:17 AM

He was hardly 'stranded' as my group came upon him shortly afterwards and at least consoled him a touch while pushing his injured steed to the roadside and cleaning up the spilled blood, err I mean we shoved his ride off the road and sopped up some oil. As I came back from Wrightwood (yeah, I really just don't like Fuddruckers) I passed him and four or five other cars patiently waiting where we left them. I stopped at Newcombs to put my top up and stretch my legs and saw a guy in a flatbed tooling up the road with a grin that could only mean he was making 'Sunday on the mountain money'...

Hope you got home okay.

heypal 06-11-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 98622)
Nobody doied but I did get a little sunburned.

I feel like I died sweet jeebus I got burnt. Thank you again for everything bro.

heypal 06-11-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 98633)
Jerry,
I feel bad that a rock ended your day before it was over. We were lockstep the whole way having a great time, then I looked in my side mirror and… nothing. I couldn’t see anyone so I slowed way down, gave it a corner then stopped on the road. Pretty soon a few cars I recognized showed up so we continued. I thought that maybe you’d turned out to change the order but I never thought of a large rock severing your oil-cooler line. I don’t feel as badly about your car getting damaged as I do about leaving you stranded; sorry man. I hope AAA got to you before too long.

It's all good man don't worry about it. You didn't leave me stranded, no one did infact. I had a great time it sucks for the car and my wallet but oh well got to get her ready for laguna seca. The gto did great up there I was impressed by the driving and how it just cruzed up there. And Gil, Christian, Brandon, Jerry B, Jamie and Ron for sitting in the dirt with me for almost 2 hours bsing and watching my tow hook actually get used :sm_laughing:

94cobra69ss396 06-11-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 98648)
I feel like I died sweet jeebus I got burnt. Thank you again for everything bro.

You're welcome.

HellaciousA 06-11-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 98666)
You're welcome.

Hey, I think you and I were following each other for a good ways, I was in the silver 04 GTO. I didn't have a chance to ask you, but what all do you have done to your cobra? Seemed like you had no problem getting through the twisties.

I had a great time, aside from a few morons holding up traffic, we were moving at a fairly quick speed.