Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Next Gen GT-R (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57178)

Vettezuki 03-18-2014 12:17 PM

Next Gen GT-R

Will be hyrbrid with a combined HP of around 800. . . It's getting to be more like a hyper car for a fraction of the price. Of course a fraction of the price still means starting at over $100k.

blackax 03-18-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 128025)
Will be hyrbrid with a combined HP of around 800. . . It's getting to be more like a hyper car for a fraction of the price. Of course a fraction of the price still means starting at over $100k.

I don't think Nissan has the hybrid chops to take on something like that. I think it just needs to add lightness. But i'm not a R35 guy so....

Damian 03-18-2014 07:43 PM

The pics I've seen so far look pretty bad ass.

Vettezuki 03-18-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 128033)
I don't think Nissan has the hybrid chops to take on something like that. I think it just needs to add lightness. But i'm not a R35 guy so....

It's not going to get much if any lighter because of the basic engineering direction they've gone with the platform separate from major breakthroughs in materials. They've also proven they don't really need to. They've also demonstrated substantial engineering chops,and for that matter keep in mind they're affiliated with, among others, the Hitachi industrial group. Could be a car with Porsche 918 level tech and performance for like ZR1, ACR type money. We'll see, still a little ways out.

blackax 03-18-2014 11:48 PM

well the weight difference between the r35 and the 911 (991) is over 700 pounds. To me that is a lot of weight that can be lost.

Vettezuki 03-19-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 128042)
well the weight difference between the r35 and the 911 (991) is over 700 pounds. To me that is a lot of weight that can be lost.

Curb weight to curb weight, GT-R to Turbo Porsche is only about 300lbs difference. The original R35 design brief was specifically targeting the Turbo Porsche, so that's comparing Apples to Apples.

Even the fully loaded Track Edition GT-R is about $65k less. Hell, even the coming Nismo GT-R is *only* going to be about $150k, $30k less than the Turbo Porsche, and damn near $100k less than a GT2 or F458.

The next gen is supposed to be around $120k base and 800HP with a Kers system. Dafuq! That's insane value.

Damian 03-19-2014 09:34 AM

You have to keep in mind that the GTR can also carry 4 people and a bunch of crap in the trunk.

BADDASSC6 03-19-2014 11:06 AM

I'm a diehard GTR hater, but it's going to be a beast. It's also going to be heavier than the current model. I predict straightened performance like the new nismo. The depends on how much and how sticky rubber use. The current model uses very sticky rubber for a street car. At its new price point they will probably op for sport cups.

Vettezuki 03-19-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 128068)
I'm a diehard GTR hater, but it's going to be a beast. It's also going to be heavier than the current model. I predict straightened performance like the new nismo. The depends on how much and how sticky rubber use. The current model uses very sticky rubber for a street car. At its new price point they will probably op for sport cups.

I was too. But it's really grown on me over the years. Would love to drive one someday just see what it's like if nothing else. I can't even imagine what a thoroughly sorted 800HP AWD car with sticky rubber would be like.

Damian, I know it has back seats, but it's 2+2, *maybe* kids but that's about all. It is however a perfectly reliable all weather DD.

Damian 03-19-2014 09:34 PM

It may be a 2+2, but thats still way more space than a Porsche has, and even a Vette, and the 458................