Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   4x4 and Off Road (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Ford Raptor not just a lifted Truck! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24030)

Leedom 01-09-2011 11:40 PM

Ford Raptor not just a lifted Truck!

Lets see Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, or Honda put one of their trucks out there like this.

Go FORD!!!

http://www.race-dezert.com/home/ford...011-14108.html

enkeivette 01-10-2011 04:35 PM

I think the Raptor is prettier, but I'd trust a Duramax diesel and an Allison trans in a 4x4 Silverado to go the long haul over any Ford truck, any day.

Not saying the Raptor isn't a great truck, I'm sure it is. But Chrysler and GM both make worthy trucks aswell, whether they sponsor a truck in your race league of choice or not.

94cobra69ss396 01-10-2011 05:20 PM

Ford put that new engine through a lot of performance testing along with their normal testing. I'd trust it.

Vettezuki 01-10-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 66239)
I think the Raptor is prettier, but I'd trust a Duramax diesel and an Allison trans in a 4x4 Silverado to go the long haul over any Ford truck, any day.

Not saying the Raptor isn't a great truck, I'm sure it is. But Chrysler and GM both make worthy trucks aswell, whether they sponsor a truck in your race league of choice or not.

Totally different categories. The Raptor is a "sports" truck, I mean it's dervived from racing competition, not built for working (i.e., towing, hauling.)

Chuck 01-10-2011 06:56 PM

For 50k I'd buy a silverado and put 28k on mods for it and it would be top that any day.

Leedom 01-10-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 66247)
For 50k I'd buy a silverado and put 28k on mods for it and it would be top that any day.

I am saying that no other auto manufacturer out there has a Truck that could do what the Raptor does in "stock" form. Sure buy a Silverado for $35K and drop another $10K into is to get it to be as good or possibly better than the Raptor, but you can not drive a Chevy truck off the lot drop a cage in it and do what this truck does.

Leedom 01-10-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 66239)

So you are saying that You could drive a Chevy Duramax 4x4 off the lot drop a cage in it and compete as well as the Raptor?

Ryridesmotox 01-10-2011 11:43 PM

Well if I had that kind of money to bust a nut on a truck, sure I would buy a raptor. But it doesn't fit in the mold that I would need. I like the duramax/allison but the Raptor would kill any other stock truck off road. There was a bad ass episode of Top Gear on the history channel where Tanner Foust was killing the desert in one, I was waiting for it to break apart and it never did... props to Ford.

jedhead 01-11-2011 01:55 AM

The best off the showroom off-road truck period. I drove it over at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas. I was surprised how soft the suspension was. I guess with all that travel, the suspension does not have to be so stiff.

Bob

enkeivette 01-11-2011 02:14 AM

Sport truck? The lightning is a sport truck, the raptor isn't. Performer? Well it isn't a 2wd truck, therefore it's too heavy to be a jump worthy performer, like the trophy trucks. And as far as being a practical truck to tow and haul, well it's not a diesel. So Duramax and Cummins and Powerstrokes win. So what good is it really? It's a Glamis cruiser. What else? Name a practical purpose for it.

Once again, great truck, top of its genre sure. But what genre? And who cares about that genre? No one in here has bought one... :judge: What would you, Leedom, do with this truck personally, that your Mustang or Chuck's diesel couldn't do better?