Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Spotted a fellow member drifting at Adams! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26238)

10yearrx7 03-17-2011 10:36 PM

Spotted a fellow member drifting at Adams!

I wont list any names. I am 99 percent sure this is who I think it is. He was doin' good but he needs stiffer suspension and some better hand brake action.

Little spin out

blackax 03-18-2011 01:13 PM

Lol my tires where smokeing....and i don't have a hand brake. so its all in the angle and power to get her around the corner.

Plus I have having issues with loosing clutch pressure. (Im getting a new ls7 or ls9 slave when I replace the clutch)

Kozak 03-18-2011 01:54 PM

What the...? No hand brake?

10yearrx7 03-18-2011 02:51 PM

Ok that make sense. I thought you were foot braking. If you really want to get in to it get some stiffer suspension and a hydro e brake and you will be killin' it in no time. I could tell that thing has massive amounts of power though. It sounded MEAN!!!!

blackax 03-18-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozak (Post 70612)
What the...? No hand brake?

Nope all first gen CTS's even the Vs have a Foot E-Brake so its not useful for getting the thing to slide out.

blackax 03-18-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10yearrx7 (Post 70615)
Ok that make sense. I thought you were foot braking. If you really want to get in to it get some stiffer suspension and a hydro e brake and you will be killin' it in no time. I could tell that thing has massive amounts of power though. It sounded MEAN!!!!

Ya I have upgraded magnetic ride shocks but I'm waiting till I get the ground control coil over kit to install them. I just drift her for fun for now. She is really meant for a larger track and more of a race.

I want to build up a car i have in the backyard as my track/drift car

10yearrx7 03-18-2011 04:57 PM

Awesome. I would have to say you have some balls drifting that car on that track. There is no room for error and you have a big and expensive car. I have been wanting to try it in my car but I am afraid to wreck it.

blackax 03-18-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10yearrx7 (Post 70635)
Awesome. I would have to say you have some balls drifting that car on that track. There is no room for error and you have a big and expensive car. I have been wanting to try it in my car but I am afraid to wreck it.

lol Everyone says that but its just a car at the end of the day. Yes i love her and i dont want to break her but how will she ever get upgrades if she never breaks ;)

If you want to try it its not that hard and you get to have alot of fun. Just go slow and build up going faster and faster. The worst you will ever do at that track to your car is body damage. its to small to gain any real speed.

blackax 03-18-2011 05:55 PM

(NOT A PIC OF MY CAR)

This is the car i want to track.

1988 isuzu impulse turbo. 120hp out of a 2.0L 4 banger. not bad for the 80's

I'm thinking a LS1 would fit nicely and make a tad bit more to the wheels

SeanPlunk 03-18-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10yearrx7 (Post 70551)
I wont list any names. I am 99 percent sure this is who I think it is. He was doin' good but he needs stiffer suspension and some better hand brake action.

Little spin out

That's awesome :drink: