Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hi everyone! New member (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45755)

Phantom_CEO 02-01-2013 02:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here's the mercedes

Leedom 02-01-2013 06:54 PM

I really have not said much on this thread but the definition of "sport" has gone way out of bounds in my opinion. I remember watching SportsCenter a while back and they were calling people who play video games athletes. This seams to be going down that same road. There is a difference between "sport" and competition. I think that in a sport you have to have some "athletic" ability (doing something physically extrenuos IMO, not sitting in a chair). If you do not you can call it a competition and that is fine. Beauty pageants are not a sport, they are a competition. Come on people if we were all special like seems to be the norm than nobody is special. Some are better than others, that is the way it is.

PS- this post was fueled by Capt. Morgan.

Shaolin Crane 02-01-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 110576)
I really have not said much on this thread but the definition of "sport" has gone way out of bounds in my opinion. I remember watching SportsCenter a while back and they were calling people who play video games athletes. This seams to be going down that same road. There is a difference between "sport" and competition. I think that in a sport you have to have some "athletic" ability (doing something physically extrenuos IMO, not sitting in a chair). If you do not you can call it a competition and that is fine. Beauty pageants are not a sport, they are a competition. Come on people if we were all special like seems to be the norm than nobody is special. Some are better than others, that is the way it is.

PS- this post was fueled by Capt. Morgan.

So you can't sit in a chair and be a part of sports?

fiveohwblow 02-02-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 110577)
So you can't sit in a chair and be a part of sports?

Whoa whoa whoa Guy. Don't you dare insult every arm chair quarterback that decides a set of sweaty dudes in colorful tights is "their team!" You're gonna get about 90% of dudes angry. Of course they are involved, otherwise they wouldn't call the team theirs.

Shaolin Crane 02-02-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 110580)
Whoa whoa whoa Guy. Don't you dare insult every arm chair quarterback that decides a set of sweaty dudes in colorful tights is "their team!" You're gonna get about 90% of dudes angry. Of course they are involved, otherwise they wouldn't call the team theirs.

My comment was directed at the special olympics, lots of competitors sitting in chairs there :inout:

Phantom_CEO 07-03-2013 05:35 PM

LMAO. special Olympics....

BADDASSC6 07-03-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 110201)
Car shows do have "quantitative points of assessment" and not just the "Hellaflush" ones but the really really nice ones.

It is instantly hard to put a car back to stock 50 year on. It can take many years to make a car factory fresh. Same can be said for lowing a car, or changing the camber and what not.
Just because they don't race the car's doesn't mean they aren't part autosports.

Not putting time and money into that kind of stuff isn't my thing. But I do respect it as part of what we do.

Holy fuck I totally forgot about this hot mess. No, car shows do not have any quantitative points of assessment. Unless you're going to refer to a low rider car hopping cholo party. Car shows are all qualitative.

Stretched tires make you slower. Racer boy slams make you slower. You can put all the power mods and aero you want the fact is that the suspension and tires (arguably the most important parts) are based on fashion. It's the automotive equivalent of doing squats high heels.