Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal Car Shows, Meets, Cruises, Racing (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Buttonwillow driver's clinic, Feb 25 2012 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36711)

Shaolin Crane 02-22-2012 08:58 AM

I have a testicle for sale, should fund the completion of the 87. I want to track that fucker SO bad its not even funny.

mdpalmer 02-22-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 92798)
Add my C55 and a friends 335i to the attending list :)

woo hoo! awesome. i'm not leaving til later, probably around 9... won't get there til probably close to midnight. look forward to seeing you guys out there :thumbs_up:

mdpalmer 02-23-2012 07:18 PM

Last minute bump. Gonna drive out late tomorrow night. Sean I will PM/call you about a meetup spot on Sat morning. We should get some breakfast together :drink:

SoCalC55 02-23-2012 11:44 PM

Sounds good to me. Goign to be a real early breakfast, seeing how we have to be at the tack by 7:30 :censored:

mdpalmer 02-24-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 92919)
Sounds good to me. Goign to be a real early breakfast, seeing how we have to be at the tack by 7:30 :censored:

lol sorry man, I'm not a morning person myself. I think we could meet up at 6:15, eat, get out to the gas station by 7, fill up, grab some water/ice/gatorate/whatever, and be at the track at 7:30. I will send you details tonight.

I can't wait, you guys are going to love this. Don't forget ur helmets and video cameras :)

mdpalmer 02-25-2012 10:49 PM

tired... but stoked

Had a great time today. Sean and his buddy + gf /w the 335i came out. Z06 carbon, 2 boss 302s, shitload of a "mustang gang", new cayman, v12 turbo s600 merc, couple of c5 z06s, red zr1, holy crap... lots of horsepower on the track today.

Great weather and conditions today, couldn't have asked for any better. I took a few crappy pics and lots of in car video, my go pro lasted for one run and died (didn't charge it). My gf with the yellow rx7 got one clip and we had the carbon z06 follow us for a couple laps, when I get his vids I will post up.

:thumbs_up:

Shaolin Crane 02-26-2012 01:26 AM

You're fuckin killing me with all these track days :(

I need to find a money tree and finish all my shit.

mdpalmer 02-26-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 93017)
You're fuckin killing me with all these track days :(

I need to find a money tree and finish all my shit.

lmfao.... dude take your time, this shit is $$$. I'm broke now, I don't think I'll have enough money to do another one for a while :(

Here's some video from out of the car, in the afternoon session. The wind kinda kills the sound of the motor and tires. I got a little faster in the afternoon, felt like I learned something. I could have definitely carried more speed in most of the turns, but whatever :laugh:

I put up an in car vid too but I need to trim it... it's super long. Check out my youtube channel, watch a minute or two of it to get the idea.

Outside

my06gto 02-26-2012 08:44 AM

When's the next one???

Shaolin Crane 02-26-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpalmer (Post 93020)
lmfao.... dude take your time, this shit is $$$. I'm broke now, I don't think I'll have enough money to do another one for a while :(

Here's some video from out of the car, in the afternoon session. The wind kinda kills the sound of the motor and tires. I got a little faster in the afternoon, felt like I learned something. I could have definitely carried more speed in most of the turns, but whatever :laugh:

I put up an in car vid too but I need to trim it... it's super long. Check out my youtube channel, watch a minute or two of it to get the idea.

Outside
Buttonwillow Driver's Clinic 02/25/12 LS1-FD-Rx7 (outside) - YouTube

My car has been sitting for 2 years now, under construction in various stages for 4. Probably around 40k in stuff done to it and its only been out a handful of times. Its paid its dues :(