Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Supporting RX-Snake (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493)

Vettezuki 02-18-2009 06:30 PM

Supporting RX-Snake

So you're thinking, gosh I'd just love to support this project but I just don't know how. Well wait no more, we'd be delighted to take your money or other valuables. :thumbs_up:

MONEY - METHOD 1:
PM me and I'll tell you how

100% of all funds received will go to the project; not hookers and blow. Truly any amount is appreciated.

PARTS
Maybe you don't have spare cash, but say you have some old parts you aren't using, and aren't ever going to use and wouldn't mind just getting rid of. Well, why not donate them to us and we'll sell them and use the proceeds on the project car. If you're interested in this possibility, please PM me.

SPONSORSHIP
Hall Fabrication & Racing for providing a Renagate Sequential Shifter

If you are a business entity and you wish to sponsor this project, PM me and we can discuss possibilities.

GIVING CREDIT (Updated as the project goes along)
Parts and Labor
- joedls donated the Ford SBF long block, Top Loader and B&M 174 blower.
- 94cobra69ss396 built the cage, and worked on the engine and trans mount, as well as the engine itself
- kdracer73 donated a brand new electric fan
- a colleague of mine at work donated a GrannySpeed engine craddle and trans mount for SBC and T5

Money
I am generally underwriting this project and guarantee it will be completed. Donations of money, etc., help the project go quickly and raise the level of the project. In other words, I'm not using it to save my money, but to raise the performance of the project as a whole.

================================================== =============
FULL DISCLOSURE - LEGAL STUFF (Boring, you can just skip this and give us stuff. :))

Motorgen.com is organized as a general partnership, not an LLC or other corporate entity. Therefore, it cannot easily own property, like a car. This project car is registered to me personally. If while owning the car we become a corporate entity the car will be transferred as an asset to Motorgen.com. The purpose of RX-Snake and any future projects is to have fun with users and to promote the mission of the site. They will not be held forever. When it is sold, 100% of the proceeds will roll forward into the next project. Any user who donates a major component like an engine system or driveline, can negotiate for its return prior to sale. This gets a bit complicated because of additions and modifications, but we can work it out as gentlemen.

Q: Is RX-Snake a "club car"?
A: Yes and No. Yes, it is part of the intent that any member who makes a major contribution in money, parts and/or labor to the project AND is able to drive a sub 11 second car safely may do so when we take it out to events. Major contributors like joedls and 94cobrass396 (so far) can even take it out and campaign it on their own if they wish. No, if you come out for a day and turn a couple bolts or if the fastest car you've driven is an accord, chances are you won't be driving it. This seems fair and safe to me.

Q: If I qualify to drive it, do I have to sign a waiver?
A: Hell yes! Nuff said.

joedls 02-18-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15639)

A: Yes and No. Yes, it is part of the intent that any member who makes a major contribution in money, parts and/or labor to the project AND is able to drive a sub 11 second car safely may do so when we take it out to events. Major contributors like joedls and 94cobrass396 (so far) can even take it out and campaign it on their own if they wish. No, if you come out for a day and turn a couple bolts or if the fastest car you've driven is an accord, chances are you won't be driving it. This seems fair and safe to me.

Uh, you wanna define this a little more?????

Vettezuki 02-18-2009 09:23 PM

Ah you got it out of your system. Everyone drives into a loading dock at some point in their life. :sm_up_there:

94cobra69ss396 02-18-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15660)
Ah you got it out of your system. Everyone drives into a loading dock at some point in their life. :sm_up_there:

I did. Well I actually drove off of it but I was twelve and on my bike.

BRUTAL64 02-19-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

So you're thinking, gosh I'd just love to support this project but I just don't know how. Well wait no more, we'd be delighted to take your money or other valuables. :thumbs_up:

MONEY - METHOD 1:
If you have a PayPal account and prefer to use it, just send money to paypal@motorgen.com. Make sure to put RX-Snake on the subject line.

MONEY - METHOD 2:
For those of you don't have a PayPal account or if you don't mind sending a good ole fashioned check (saves us a little on receiving fees), please send your check or money order to:

Motorgen.com
P.O. Box 5461
Buena Park, CA 90622

Make the check out to Motorgen.com and put RX-Snake on the memo.

100% of all funds received will go to the project; not hookers and blow. Truly any amount is appreciated.

PARTS
Maybe you don't have spare cash, but say you have some old parts you aren't using, and aren't ever going to use and wouldn't mind just getting rid of. Well, why not donate them to us and we'll sell them and use the proceeds on the project car. If you're interested in this possibility, please PM me.

SPONSORSHIP
If you are a business entity and you wish to sponsor this project, PM me and we can discuss possibilities.

GIVING CREDIT (Updated as the project goes along)
Parts and Labor
- joedls donated the Ford SBF long block, Top Loader and B&M 174 blower.
- 94cobra69ss396 built the cage, and worked on the engine and trans mount, as well as the engine itself
- a colleague of mine at work donated a GrannySpeed engine craddle and trans mount for SBC and T5

Money
I am generally underwriting this project and guarantee it will be completed. Donations of money, etc., help the project go quickly and raise the level of the project. In other words, I'm not using it to save my money, but to raise the performance of the project as a whole.

================================================== =============
FULL DISCLOSURE - LEGAL STUFF (Boring, you can just skip this and give us stuff. :))

Motorgen.com is organized as a general partnership, not an LLC or other corporate entity. Therefore, it cannot easily own property, like a car. This project car is registered to me personally. If while owning the car we become a corporate entity the car will be transferred as an asset to Motorgen.com. The purpose of RX-Snake and any future projects is to have fun with users and to promote the mission of the site. They will not be held forever. When it is sold, 100% of the proceeds will roll forward into the next project. Any user who donates a major component like an engine system or driveline, can negotiate for its return prior to sale. This gets a bit complicated because of additions and modifications, but we can work it out as gentlemen.

Q: If I qualify to drive it, do I have to sign a waiver?
A: Hell yes! Nuff said.

"but we can work it out as gentlemen."

Define "GENTLEMEN".:sm_up_there:

BRUTAL64 02-19-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 15663)
I did. Well I actually drove off of it but I was twelve and on my bike.

Does riding one's bike into a pole count?:smack:

94cobra69ss396 02-19-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 15692)
Does riding one's bike into a pole count?:smack:

Sure it does. See the poles in front of Joes car.

Leedom 03-10-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

No, if you come out for a day and turn a couple bolts or if the fastest car you've driven is an accord, chances are you won't be driving it. This seems fair and safe to me.

This doesn't seem fair. Sean watches us and gives us works of encouragement. He even gets a little dirty by rubbing dirt a grime on himself. That should allow him to be able to drive the car. Then again that brings up the issue of whether Sean can actually drive a 11 second car. I know he basically has one now, but he can not drive it anywhere near that!! :smack::drink:

Vettezuki 03-10-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 17472)
This doesn't seem fair. Sean watches us and gives us works of encouragement. He even gets a little dirty by rubbing dirt a grime on himself. That should allow him to be able to drive the car. Then again that brings up the issue of whether Sean can actually drive a 11 second car. I know he basically has one now, but he can not drive it anywhere near that!! :smack::drink:

In his case it's ok, he'd probably turn a Veyron into a 13 second car. :smack: :sm_up_there:

BRUTAL64 03-10-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 17475)
In his case it's ok, he'd probably turn a Veyron into a 13 second car. :smack: :sm_up_there:

Ok, that was just plain cruel.:rolleyes:

Vettezuki 03-10-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 17477)
Ok, that was just plain cruel.:rolleyes:

Have you seen him drive? :smack:

BRUTAL64 03-11-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 17478)
Have you seen him drive? :smack:

Well yea, in a way. We were doing one gear runs against each other on PCH. I had to actually get into all 8 barrels to keep up with him. I never did see him shift. That Cobra has some power.:D

silvertermi04 03-11-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 17472)

I will take his spot, i think i did more work in one day then he has done in all the times u guys have worked on it. LOL

Vettezuki 03-13-2009 10:02 PM

Thanks big2bird

I had come to that place in my garage life where i needed to upgrade the electrical. To do this properly at a professional level with a real electrician would cost some scratch. In steps big2bird wit a serious value in kind donation to the project that saves me some out of pocket that I can put towards the project. He'll also be the electrical guru on the car itself. Thanks again Jeff.

Some pics of the work we did today.

We went up and over with the big stuff. I've now got a gen-yu-ain 100 amp panel in the garage. That's what my hosue was before the remodel a couple years ago.

A pretty panel with lots of room to grow.

This is what kicked this project off. The compressor I had stopped compressing air, which is kind of a bummer on an air compressor. BRUTAL64 hooked me with a buddy that was selling this compressor for a really really good price. I'm gonna take the stickers off, put a Nuke symbal on it and stencil in EARL in large letters. Seems like an Earl to me.

Leedom 03-13-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 17804)
This is what kicked this project off. The compressor I had stopped compressing air, which is kind of a bummer on an air compressor. BRUTAL64 hooked me with a buddy that was selling this compressor for a really really good price. I'm gonna take the stickers off, put a Nuke symbal on it and stencil in EARL in large letters. Seems like an Earl to me.

Ben you get the stickers off that thing and I will get you the Symbal and the Earl name for you!!

BRUTAL64 03-14-2009 01:22 PM

Earl and nuke?? You lost me here. :confused:

Vettezuki 03-14-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 17869)
Earl and nuke?? You lost me here. :confused:

replace all the stickers on it with one of these and "EARL" written.

big2bird 03-14-2009 09:53 PM

Is the car back yet?

Vettezuki 03-15-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 17889)
Is the car back yet?

Yes. Arrived Saturday.

BRUTAL64 03-16-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 17873)
replace all the stickers on it with one of these and "EARL" written.

That's not an "Earl" that is a "Duke Nukem".:smack:

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 03-16-2009 10:25 PM

We should come up with a name or slogan for Sean. Something like "Sean the 14 second wonder" or "Sean, adding 3 seconds to any cars 1/4 mile." We can let him drive the car cause I don't think it'll get above a hundred with him behind the wheel.

Vettezuki 03-17-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon (Post 18014)
We should come up with a name or slogan for Sean. Something like "Sean the 14 second wonder" or "Sean, adding 3 seconds to any cars 1/4 mile." We can let him drive the car cause I don't think it'll get above a hundred with him behind the wheel.

How about "Three Second Sean" . . . wait, that has other implications. :nutkick:

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 03-17-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18023)
How about "Three Second Sean" . . . wait, that has other implications. :nutkick:

Somehow also relevant :p

BRUTAL64 03-17-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18023)

I happen to think Sean is a great guy. I think all this is un-called-for. :leaving:

Leedom 03-17-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 18054)
I happen to think Sean is a great guy. I think all this is un-called-for. :leaving:

We all believe he is a great guy too. He just can't drive very fast. Don't be in here sticking up for him "Old Vette Glenn".

Leedom 03-17-2009 12:24 PM

Which one do you want Ben?
Option 1

or

Option 2

Vettezuki 03-17-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 18076)
Which one do you want Ben? .

Option 1, with EARL above. Except just make them different stickers so I have a little play. See my post with the image. That's the shape and spacing I like for the symbol. Thanks dude. :thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 03-17-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18078)
Option 1, with EARL above. Except just make them different stickers so I have a little play. See my post with the image. That's the shape and spacing I like for the symbol. Thanks dude. :thumbs_up:

Oh, and kind of a flat yellow, not too glossy. God I'm a picky bastard. :nutkick:

Leedom 03-17-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18079)
Oh, and kind of a flat yellow, not too glossy. God I'm a picky bastard. :nutkick:

I will see what I can do. And yes you are.

Vettezuki 07-27-2009 08:56 AM

Hey kids,

Well, I'm not going to let a little thing like a global economic meltdown slow me down anymore than I have to. enkei is selling any and everything we can that was taken off the car, but I've got some new ideas.

1 - Recycling
If any of you keep bottles and cans and put them in the big green can for the gubment to take. Please consider setting them aside. Make a big pile and I'll come pick them up. I'll take anything because I go to a full recycling center. So:
- bottles (with CA Redemption value)
- cans
- plastics, especially water bottles
- scrap metals including iron
- insulated copper wire scraps

Sadly my vast collection of empty hard liqour bottles weren't worth anything, but other than that. If you're willing and able to set aside recyclables, PM me.

BRUTAL64 07-27-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 28001)
Hey kids,

Well, I'm not going to let a little thing like a global economic meltdown slow me down anymore than I have to. enkei is selling any and everything we can that was taken off the car, but I've got some new ideas.

1 - Recycling
If any of you keep bottles and cans and put them in the big green can for the gubment to take. Please consider setting them aside. Make a big pile and I'll come pick them up. I'll take anything because I go to a full recycling center. So:
- cans

Sadly my vast collection of empty hard liqour bottles weren't worth anything, but other than that. If you're willing and able to set aside recyclables, PM me.

I can do 4 or 5 DP cans a day. Will that help?:)

Vettezuki 07-27-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 28019)
I can do 4 or 5 DP cans a day. Will that help?:)

Sure does. Bag'm up and set them aside. Maybe you can suck some of the other folks at CI into just tossing their cans in a Snake recycler. :)

BRUTAL64 07-27-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 28023)
Sure does. Bag'm up and set them aside. Maybe you can suck some of the other folks at CI into just tossing their cans in a Snake recycler. :)

They all recycle for themselves. But, you have my support and Darlene's too.:thumbs_up:

big2bird 07-28-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 28001)
Hey kids,

1 - Recycling
- cans

I have a big pile of scrap iron I was going to take in. Come on over Sat and get it. Warning, it's only .04 a lb.

BRUTAL64 07-28-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 28095)
I have a big pile of scrap iron I was going to take in. Come on over Sat and get it. Warning, it's only .04 a lb.

I can get all the USED kitty litter you would want. Just let me know.:smack:

big2bird 08-02-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 28095)

Ben,
I am sure the Anaheim Fire Dept appreciates rear access to my home again. :smack:Thanks.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 08-02-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 28631)
Ben,
I am sure the Anaheim Fire Dept appreciates rear access to my home again. :smack:Thanks.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

No thank you kind sir, there must be countless dollars in the back of my truck now. :thumbs_up"

Depending on what it comes out to, I can kick a touch on top and I'll pass the blower back to you for re-fab of the bearing plate by your welder buddy.

Leedom 08-02-2009 09:24 PM

My girlfriend, Shannon, is going to reinstitute her recyling program at her work. Should net a few bags for cans a month.

Vettezuki 08-02-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 28635)
My girlfriend, Shannon, is going to reinstitute her recyling program at her work. Should net a few bags for cans a month.

Many thanks. :thumbs_up: These things add up and help a lot. It's a team lift. :)

If my capitalist pig adventures pan out in the next year I'll be in a much, much better position, we're talking maybe 10s of dollars of spending money. :smack:

If not, RX-Snake will be going up on cinder blocks in the park down the street and we'll be sleeping in it. It's stripped so it's pretty spacious now.

big2bird 08-02-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 28634)
No thank you kind sir, there must be countless dollars in the back of my truck now. :thumbs_up"

Depending on what it comes out to, I can kick a touch on top and I'll pass the blower back to you for re-fab of the bearing plate by your welder buddy.

For anyone following/reading this, Chuck at ABC Welding in Anaheim is an old fashioned artisan. He welds tranny cases, cylinder heads, frames, wheels, hitches, and just about anything you can think of but glass. he is fast, thoughtfull, and VERY reasonable.