Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   the Buick Breakdown (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218)

bgn8711 04-29-2008 08:05 AM

Thank you Alexis, Sean & Adam. No codes as of yet and I zip tied just about all the vacuum lines yesterday in the blistering hot sun. It drives great, afraid to really boost it up took it to 13 ish # very slowly since the scan tool I have updates rediculously slow. No knock and felt very solid, going to wait til I have a good scan tool in there to really see where it is at. I still have little bits and pieces to throw on it...really looking forward to see what it'll do all tuned up and ready to go. Thanks for the support from everyone..

Brian

Vettezuki 04-29-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgn8711 (Post 2044)
Thank you Alexis, Sean & Adam. No codes as of yet and I zip tied just about all the vacuum lines yesterday in the blistering hot sun. It drives great, afraid to really boost it up took it to 13 ish # very slowly since the scan tool I have updates rediculously slow. No knock and felt very solid, going to wait til I have a good scan tool in there to really see where it is at. I still have little bits and pieces to throw on it...really looking forward to see what it'll do all tuned up and ready to go. Thanks for the support from everyone..

Brian

Great. So Irwindale this Thursday?

vonage6591 04-29-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgn8711 (Post 2044)

Brian

So after all that did you end up doing rings? I don't exactly know what you mean by a "freshened motor"?

bgn8711 04-30-2008 10:34 AM

no rings, everything looked fine on the cylinder walls so Neal has definitely put me at ease on that. We checked the specs on the crank and they are all within spec, and the cam is perfectly fine all the lifters look shiney and new. It has a new: rear main seal, cam bearings, main bearings, oil pump, oil pan gasket, head gaskets, head bolts, water pump, front cover gasket, intake gasket. That's aboout it. Also put in an improved 2800 torque converter and the transmission is rebuilt with shift kit modifications. So there it is, I am going to go lay down now as I am deathly ill and have been puking my brains out all night...fun. I want to go to irwindale but A I'm sick and B I can't get off work in June I am 100% down to do it if you come with me B. Again thank you for everything, B for letting me borrow your truck and everyone who's been supportive I can't wait to make a pass!

Brian

SeanPlunk 06-05-2008 09:14 PM

Brian finally got his alcohol working. It turns out one of the grounds wasn't grounded :bang: :suicide: :barf: :rolling: Now that it's fixed, Vettezuki says it pulls like a raped ape :judge:

bgn8711 06-06-2008 08:40 AM

"grounds wasn't connected"..."me fail english that umpossible". Haha, yeah it runs great except it knocks in 3rd. WTF? I'm going to pull timing and fuel and run more alocohol try n up the octane and see what that does. I gotta mess with the tune in 1st n 2nd too....Its going to be a long day.

Brian