Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Motorcycle (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Chirp chirp chirp (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317)

Japhy 05-08-2008 12:33 AM

Chirp chirp chirp

Awfully lonely around here... Hey Bartender! How 'bout a round huh?:beer:

Vettezuki 05-08-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhy (Post 2210)

You know, it's a bit lonely at the top, you were just the top.

Welcome aboard. :beer:

Before I got into my Vette, I was first interested in a BMW R75 (WWII war bike). After the BMW I was considering a new Fat Boy, but for a lot of reasons ended up going with the (old) Vette and modernizing it.

Ok, I'm digging deep into the memory banks here, but I once saw an interview (Speed chanel, History chanel?), with the founder of the Booze Fighters. I really, REALLY wish I would have saved it because it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. That guy knew how to live the good life. Your sig reminded me.

PS Wilbur?

SeanPlunk 05-08-2008 08:50 PM

I think your quote is quite possibly one of the greatest of all time. Monkeys are awesome, just for the record.

Japhy 05-09-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Ok, I'm digging deep into the memory banks here, but I once saw an interview (Speed chanel, History chanel?), with the founder of the Booze Fighters. I really, REALLY wish I would have saved it because it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. That guy knew how to live the good life.
Hey Bro! That'd be Wino Willie Forkner. WWII waist gunner in a B17. I imagine after that, you either know how to live the good life or are remembered for your sacrifice.

P.S. I ride a hog right? Well... Wilbur was the name of the pig in Charlotte's Web. Happy? This has been our sensitivity moment for the day. You cried too tough guy. If only Ol' Yeller had a pig in it... Take care all!

Japhy 05-09-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 2247)
I think your quote is quite possibly one of the greatest of all time. Monkeys are awesome, just for the record.

Who's quote? I didn't say anything about monkeys, you mean Vette's? Seems you'd have read that by now.

vonage6591 05-09-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhy (Post 2266)
Who's quote? I didn't say anything about monkeys, you mean Vette's? Seems you'd have read that by now.

I think he was referring to this one in your signature: "We want to be free! Free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! And we want to get loaded!"

Japhy 05-09-2008 02:40 PM

Oh, allright. I guess I didn't get it:huh: Sometimes I don't hear too well. Take it easy, -Japhy

Vettezuki 05-09-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhy (Post 2291)
Oh, allright. I guess I didn't get it:huh: Sometimes I don't hear too well. Take it easy, -Japhy

No, you got it.

PS I did cry when I read Charlotte's Web.

gunfish 08-20-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhy (Post 2210)

Hey Japhy, My niece tells me you just did the Sturgis ride. Please regale us with some tales from the road!

Everybody else out there needs to know that he rode all the way from home to Sturgis and back. BUT HIS HOME IS IN ANCHORAGE ALASKA !!

:truestory:

Japhy 08-21-2008 10:36 AM

Yeah, I did the ride. Your neice huh? Was she in Red Lodge MT by any chance?:sm_up_there: Tell ya what, since this part of the forum is all but dead, if the Mod's will allow, I'll start a new thread and try to relate a tale a day untill I run out or get 86'd. Take care, Japhy