Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WANTED: Motorgen Shirts (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324)

GreyStroker 05-09-2008 10:48 AM

WANTED: Motorgen Shirts

White and black shirts with the badass Motorgen logo, as seen in your upper left corner of your screen.

vonage6591 05-09-2008 02:43 PM

Yes!

Leedom 05-12-2008 10:08 PM

Good luck with this...I have been bugging sean for about 2 months. I even have some ideas in mind. all in due time I was told.

vonage6591 05-12-2008 10:13 PM

pictures, mock-ups, ideas???

Vettezuki 05-12-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 2395)
Good luck with this...I have been bugging sean for about 2 months. I even have some ideas in mind. all in due time I was told.

For a guy that doesn't smoke/drink or carouse, he's not exactly "all over it" sometimes. I think he's a closet hippy. :hippy: If he doesn't get on it by next week, I will.

FordFreak, do you have a sweat shop, I mean shirt printer in mind?

SeanPlunk 05-13-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 2398)
For a guy that doesn't smoke/drink or carouse, he's not exactly "all over it" sometimes. I think he's a closet hippy. :hippy: If he doesn't get on it by next week, I will.

FordFreak, do you have a sweat shop, I mean shirt printer in mind?

I've actually talked to a couple of shirt guys. I do have a general idea of cost, which is why is hasn't happened yet. Doing a small run is obviously more expensive (per shirt/relative) than a larger. Ideally, it would be nice to do 100 or so. That's quite expensive though as you might imagine.

Vettezuki 05-13-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 2404)
I've actually talked to a couple of shirt guys. I do have a general idea of cost, which is why is hasn't happened yet. Doing a small run is obviously more expensive (per shirt/relative) than a larger. Ideally, it would be nice to do 100 or so. That's quite expensive though as you might imagine.

How much per unit at what lot sizes? What quality (material grades) are we talking about? Do you any of the vendors offer pilot runs for testing?

SeanPlunk 05-13-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 2409)
How much per unit at what lot sizes? What quality (material grades) are we talking about? Do you any of the vendors offer pilot runs for testing?

The quality can be wildly different. Anything from no name shirts to Hanes Beefy T's. No pilot runs from the two guys I talked to (although, I haven't really shopped around looking for that). For simple shirts, as low as maybe $15 per shirt. It depends on how many colors, front and back printing, etc. It can go up a lot depending on what you do.

Vettezuki 05-13-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 2412)
The quality can be wildly different. Anything from no name shirts to Hanes Beefy T's. No pilot runs from the two guys I talked to (although, I haven't really shopped around looking for that). For simple shirts, as low as maybe $15 per shirt. It depends on how many colors, front and back printing, etc. It can go up a lot depending on what you do.

That's way expensive. Time to talk to the Vietnamese. :) I might have one contact.

CorruptCulture 05-13-2008 12:10 PM

One of my wrestling coaches I've known for years works at a shop that does T-Shirts. He's a great guy and has given me a great deal in the past. I don't remember what exactly it came out to though.

How many colors/layers will it be? That's the important thing. If it's just white on a black shirt (like the sticker for example) it'll be really cheap. I'll call him in a few mins when I'm out of class.

He uses Haynes "Beefy Tees" and the silk screen is high quality.