Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Know of decent Alignment pricing? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30216)

DarkestSpade 07-17-2011 07:18 PM

Know of decent Alignment pricing?

I just went yesterday and was charged $89.00 all four wheels.:uh:

So just my luck since life is so grand,
I am cruising down the 71 freeway today and my car found a new pothole that nearly made me lose control of my car and go into the wall.

Now it is slightly pulling to the right, (pretty sure the left front is off)
Anyone know of where to get a front alignment done for a decent price?

Thanks,

SeanPlunk 07-17-2011 08:18 PM

I need an alignment, an oil change with oil from you, and my AC fixed. So much money :(

DarkestSpade 07-17-2011 08:46 PM

What's the problem with the a/c?

Small White Car 07-17-2011 09:09 PM

Dave's brake and alignment on Whittier Blvd behind Shakey's. Took Small White Car in for a four wheel and it turns out I had one rear way out when he threw it on the rack, said it looks like someone had ran it up a kerb (look it up) so he reset the wheel and looked over everything else and was gonna let me leave for nothing. He said he really didn't do an alignment so he really felt like he couldn't charge me for the ten minutes work to find out it was one turn of a wrench.

So I slapped a $20 in his hand, told him to enjoy lunch on me and let him know I would be relaying this story to anyone who asks about an alignment shop because he was a straight up guy who didn't try and fuck me...

Dave's Brake & Alignment

His regular price for an alignment is $40

DarkestSpade 07-17-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 79477)
Dave's brake and alignment on Whittier Blvd behind Shakey's. Took Small White Car in for a four wheel and it turns out I had one rear way out when he threw it on the rack, said it looks like someone had ran it up a kerb (look it up) so he reset the wheel and looked over everything else and was gonna let me leave for nothing. He said he really didn't do an alignment so he really felt like he couldn't charge me for the ten minutes work to find out it was one turn of a wrench.

So I slapped a $20 in his hand, told him to enjoy lunch on me and let him know I would be relaying this story to anyone who asks about an alignment shop because he was a straight up guy who didn't try and fuck me...

Dave's Brake & Alignment

His regular price for an alignment is $40

Thanks! I will give it a shot.

SeanPlunk 07-18-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestSpade (Post 79480)
Thanks! I will give it a shot.

+1.

SeanPlunk 07-18-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestSpade (Post 79476)
What's the problem with the a/c?

It blows warm. I had Paul (LS1Z28) fix it, and he found two leaks and refilled it. That lasted about a year. When I turn it on the motor works, it just blows hot air.

enkeivette 07-18-2011 04:01 PM

If you want them to actually do an alignment to spec and not just move your wheels around a bit, take it to West End Alignment in Long Beach. But you'll pay twice that.

Cheap -> Eberhardts Tire on Orangethorpe in ...Placentia?

enkeivette 07-18-2011 04:02 PM

Yay for Amsoil reps! Did Chuck ever end up doing it?

DarkestSpade 07-18-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 79522)
Yay for Amsoil reps! Did Chuck ever end up doing it?

I don't think he did.