Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Wassabe! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430)

BADDASSC6 06-16-2008 10:09 PM

Wassabe!

What's up everybody. My name is Carlos and i met some of you guys at the june 14 drags. I had the Black corvette in shown on run #19. Thanks for the video. My best run that day was a 12.6 @ 117 my worst run was a 15.6 @70:suicide:. I know some of you guys from digital corvettes and streetfire.net. Baddassc6 is my screen name on all these forums. I do alot more NASA HPDE events than drag racing and plan on attending the next event at Buttonwillow this comming weekend. Anyways, I look foward to getting together with you guys again.:thumbs_up:

SeanPlunk 06-16-2008 10:35 PM

Hey Carlos - nice to meet you :bigthumbsup: I love your car :hail: When is the buttonwillow event? I would love to go out and watch.

Vettezuki 06-16-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3421)
Hey Carlos - nice to meet you :bigthumbsup: I love your car :hail: When is the buttonwillow event? I would love to go out and watch.

My reading comprehension skill are a bit weak, but I think he said next weekend. :leaving:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 3418)
. . . I do alot more NASA HPDE events than drag racing and plan on attending the next event at Buttonwillow this comming weekend. . .

Vettezuki 06-16-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 3418)
What's up everybody. My name is Carlos and i met some of you guys at the june 14 drags. I had the Black corvette in shown on run #19. Thanks for the video. My best run that day was a 12.6 @ 117 my worst run was a 15.6 @70:suicide:. I know some of you guys from digital corvettes and streetfire.net. Baddassc6 is my screen name on all these forums. I do alot more NASA HPDE events than drag racing and plan on attending the next event at Buttonwillow this comming weekend. Anyways, I look foward to getting together with you guys again.:thumbs_up:

Nice to meet in person brother. We gotta find a way to get some wicked track video.

BADDASSC6 06-17-2008 06:01 AM

I have some pretty good raw video from PIR. The problem O have is the my edting software. My laptop can with Microsoft movie maker and wheneve i go to puclish a movie it's black out. I even remove all the effects, but still black. I have some raw footage I could load, but its really long (20 minute+). Do you guys have a recommended video editing program?

BADDASSC6 06-17-2008 06:03 AM

Yes it's this comming saturday and sunday. it's actually not to late to register either.

Vettezuki 06-17-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 3434)
I have some pretty good raw video from PIR. The problem O have is the my edting software. My laptop can with Microsoft movie maker and wheneve i go to puclish a movie it's black out. I even remove all the effects, but still black. I have some raw footage I could load, but its really long (20 minute+). Do you guys have a recommended video editing program?

Is it shot on miniDV? Where you at? Maybe we could meet up and I can get a copy (camera to camera digital copy) and edit it for you. The common good higher level editors are Adobe Premiere and Final Cut. However, both will set you back over a grand in the packages they come in.

BADDASSC6 06-17-2008 06:22 PM

Wow a grand is super expensive. I wasn't looking for any thing that had crazy effects. I wa looking for something that would allow me to mesh different formats. The videos show up and .mov and .avi/mpeg files????? I have footage from three days worth of racing at PIR. Some of the was shot from a camera that was on top of the car with camera on a suction cup. I plan on getting alot of footage this weekend.

Vettezuki 06-17-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 3469)
Wow a grand is super expensive. I wasn't looking for any thing that had crazy effects. I wa looking for something that would allow me to mesh different formats. The videos show up and .mov and .avi/mpeg files????? I have footage from three days worth of racing at PIR. Some of the was shot from a camera that was on top of the car with camera on a suction cup. I plan on getting alot of footage this weekend.

You might want to check out the various ULEAD offerings. I'm sure there's something that'll fit that bill. I'm more than happy to help you cut stuff together if you like.

BADDASSC6 06-17-2008 09:59 PM

Itry to find something. I'm in diego, but I'll be driving all the way up to buttonwillow (IVO bakerfield) on friday. I could burn a couple fo CDs and mail them to you or drop them off.