Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   '72 Mach 1 Tranny Swap (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185)

Leedom 03-21-2008 11:08 PM

'72 Mach 1 Tranny Swap

If I could figure out how to get my photos online I would post stuff from the tranny swap

Vettezuki 03-21-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 1015)
If I could figure out how to get my photos online I would post stuff from the tranny swap

PM Sent. . .

BRUTAL64 03-26-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 1015)

72 Mach?? That is one of the most understated vehicles out there.:D

I have always liked them:thumbs_up:.

Leedom 03-27-2008 09:34 PM

Thanks to Ben I can now show some photos. We are switching her over from an automatic to a 4 speed. We have pretty much just taken out the seats, console, and some of the carpet.

BEFORE

AFTER

Since we have a bunch of the interior out and my dad wants to replace the carpet anyway, my mom and I have been trying to convince him the brown interior is wrong for a yellow car with black accents. He needs to go with a black interior as well. Cross your fingers.

Some day this will be mine. I told him when he dies if it is not left to me in the will I will feed his rotting corpse to the fishes!! :bigthumbsup:

Vettezuki 03-27-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 1098)
. . .

Some day this will be mine. I told him when he dies if it is not left to me in the will I will feed his rotting corpse to the fishes!! :bigthumbsup:

Can you feel the love.

SeanPlunk 03-27-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks to Ben I can now show some photos. We are switching her over from an automatic to a 4 speed. We have pretty much just taken out the seats, console, and some of the carpet.

BEFORE

AFTER

Since we have a bunch of the interior out and my dad wants to replace the carpet anyway, my mom and I have been trying to convince him the brown interior is wrong for a yellow car with black accents. He needs to go with a black interior as well. Cross your fingers.

:sm_up_there::wtf:

BRUTAL64 03-28-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

BEFORE

AFTER

It's a REAL Eleanor?????:D

Leedom 11-07-2008 02:14 PM

Latest update.

We have the tranny in finally and have the drive shaft ready to put in. We repainted the underside of the hood to clean it up, not the same color but looks pretty good for a rattle can. We are going to put the ram air back on. I have a question though. We fired her up the other day just to see if she would still turn over. She did but immediately died. My dad though I was because of the vac lines to the original auto tranny. We plugged those and still dies right after turning over. Anyone know of any issues with the Tranny swap that we might have missed. Are there any wires that need to be spliced together or just cut? I know I have not supplied a lot of info here but if there are any things you ran into or know of anything that are common oversites that would greatly be appreciated. We are trying to get her to the Meet tomorrow.

BRUTAL64 11-07-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 8377)
Latest update.

We have the tranny in finally and have the drive shaft ready to put in. We repainted the underside of the hood to clean it up, not the same color but looks pretty good for a rattle can. We are going to put the ram air back on. I have a question though. We fired her up the other day just to see if she would still turn over. She did but immediately died. My dad though I was because of the vac lines to the original auto tranny. We plugged those and still dies right after turning over. Anyone know of any issues with the Tranny swap that we might have missed. Are there any wires that need to be spliced together or just cut? I know I have not supplied a lot of info here but if there are any things you ran into or know of anything that are common oversites that would greatly be appreciated. We are trying to get her to the Meet tomorrow.

Does the vehicle fire, then when you let the key go back to run it dies or does it run for a few seconds then stop?

Leedom 11-07-2008 03:47 PM

It fires up and as soon as my dad just lets go of the key it dies. A guy here at work thinks it might be the ballast resistor on the ignition system.