Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I Just Got Beat By An EVO X! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16371)

94cobra69ss396 05-13-2010 09:13 AM

I Just Got Beat By An EVO X!

Well, sort of. I just dropped my girls off at school and was getting on the freeway to head home. I was sitting at the light waiting for the green when an EVO pulled up next to me. The light turned green and we both made the left to the on ramp. I didn't get on it because I didn't know he was going to. I was in second gear as we were both entering the straight away up the on ramp when he pulls ahead of me. I then realize that we are going for it so I floor it in second and spin. He pulls about a car length ahead of me (damn AWD) as I grab third. Once in third I slowly reel him in as we're reaching the end of the on ramp where the two lanes merge into one. As the lanes start to merge my front bumber is at about his rear tire so I let off so he can get over. Once we enter the freeway I coast it back down to 65 and cruise home.

To the EVO owner :thumbs_up:.

Vettezuki 05-13-2010 11:55 AM

Those really are great cars and with a little modification, can really perk up and not look too boy racerish. I would definitely consider one for my next DD. My only small complaint is the homage to Darth Vader the design team made with the front nose.

BADDASSC6 05-13-2010 03:06 PM

If you just would have gone for it at the beginning you probably would have had it. Should have driven the Chevy.:censored:

enkeivette 05-13-2010 08:46 PM

His car wasn't faster, you just suck.

kdracer73 05-13-2010 09:43 PM

The Boy Scout Motto....Be Prepared ! Always assume you will be challenged.

Sean is challenged, just in a different way :smack:

94cobra69ss396 05-13-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 51488)
His car wasn't faster, you just suck.

That sounds like a challenge to me. So when do you want to race me at Fontana?

big_G 05-14-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 51490)

Oh man...this is getting good...I want videos...

mdpalmer 05-14-2010 08:50 AM

Those Evos are really quick out of the box, I too think it would make a really great DD... although not sure how they are on gas. One of my buddies that used to have an Evo IX gets low 15-20 mpg tops with mostly hwy driving, but he has a heavy foot. And you could have had him if you got on it earlier and had traction :)

enkeivette 05-14-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 51490)

We can race this summer if I get a bigger fuel pump in. Or we can race at an 1/8th track, I shouldn't run out of fuel in the 8th. Or on the street if you don't want to wait.

Let's just go down Crowther old school. Till like a 100 or something. You can skool me on how to launch.

94cobra69ss396 05-14-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 51526)
We can race this summer if I get a bigger fuel pump in. Or we can race at an 1/8th track, I shouldn't run out of fuel in the 8th. Or on the street if you don't want to wait.

Let's just go down Crowther old school. Till like a 100 or something. You can skool me on how to launch.

Summers good.