Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   A/C repair, very reasonable (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30755)

Shaolin Crane 08-03-2011 01:55 PM

A/C repair, very reasonable

Alright its come to my attention that alot of people have non operational or under performing a/c systems. And since my shops charge $50 just to look at it most just deal with it. Well no more, i'll gladly extend my parts discount to anyone i do work for and charge a flat rate repair of $100 for up to a drier replacement, plus parts. Typical drier costs $35+/- and whatever amount of r-134 you need, which is generally about 3 cans.

Figuring my girlfriends dad was quoted $600 for a hard line replacement i think its quite fair and i can do it quickly. Plus no bogus cal hazmat fees added to the bill. If you'd like a/c work done i'll inspect your system for free and tell you where we can go after that. Thanks y'all.

SeanPlunk 08-03-2011 02:30 PM

I'm a customer and will attest to the awesomeness of Guy's repairs. The Cobra blows ice cold :)

89StangGuy 08-03-2011 02:36 PM

My brother has an 2000 nissan sentra that needs a low pressure hose replaced and for it to be recharded! How much? You can pm me and ill send you my #

Shaolin Crane 08-03-2011 02:45 PM

Hoses would typically fall into the drier catagory, since it should be replaced and is typically part of the low side. So as long as you buy parts, either from my guy or on your own its $100. As long as its not grossly obvious that its going to be a huge job (removing bumper covers, lifting engines etc)
Make sure he also brings 3 can of r134 at least as well. Pm me your number and we'll discuss it.

Damian 08-06-2011 01:17 AM

I'm going to have you look at my wife's 01 Corolla and my 02 Eclipse. I'll be in touch to pick a date. I'm more concerned about the Corolla since that is the kid hauler.

Shaolin Crane 08-06-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 80733)
I'm going to have you look at my wife's 01 Corolla and my 02 Eclipse. I'll be in touch to pick a date. I'm more concerned about the Corolla since that is the kid hauler.

Works for me, what exactly are they doing?
I'm free tomorrow, and next weekend

Damian 08-06-2011 08:03 AM

Both are blowing fairly cold air, but not as cold as they should be. I ended up having to drain the 134a in the Eclipse and and refilled it to get it to where it is now. Was just blowing warm air all together. I tried the same in the Corolla and no change. I know you're not supposed to do that, but oh well.

I can't do this weekend, I'll let you know about next weekend. Which day would be good for you?

Shaolin Crane 08-06-2011 08:44 AM

Saturdays are best, in case i need parts quickly. Both will need the drier to be replaced for sure, moisture and dead air in the systems is not helping them blow cold.

Damian 08-06-2011 10:39 PM

Alright, I'll talk to the wife and see about getting her car to you next Saturday.

Shaolin Crane 08-07-2011 03:40 AM

Sounds good