Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal Car Shows, Meets, Cruises, Racing (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Angeles Crest Drive, Sunday 1/25/15 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65409)

Redondo Jon 01-26-2015 06:08 PM

Thanks again Natie for setting this up. Nice get together (except for Guy showing up) :sm_laughing: Seriously though your car’s looking good & once that fuel glitch is fixed, it’s gonna be great. The drive up was good save a couple of people who took too long to move over but whatever. I had to leave early to attend to my broken / leaking washing machine and ended up being an R/A unit for a crashed motorcyclist. The drive back was empty until I rounded one of the corners and then suddenly, there’s two guys standing in the middle of the road trying to “right” the bike. The guy who crashed was limping very badly & asked me for a ride back to the Shell station. Hey, I rode for 20 plus years so of course I said yes. The whole way back I kept reminding him to go to some kind of urgent care soon. Evidently the front end washed on him, he hit something, then bounced back into the middle of the road. He said his body flipped three times and he hit his head each time. The road-rash encompassed his entire left knee; pretty gruesome. Dude was hurt. Bike totaled. All in all, a pretty eventful day.

Shaolin Crane 01-26-2015 08:35 PM

Jeeze, I have an excellent tip for blood stains on interior fyi.

C5Natie 01-26-2015 10:35 PM

Whoa Jon thats pretty crazy. Lucky guy first of all for not getting killed or hurt worse and for you having to have left early and being able to give him a ride. I heard some
guys at Newcomb talking about it. I didnt see anything since I took Big Tujunga back down. Anyway cool to see you and hopefully at the next one too. We need a few more meets and cruises.

Vettezuki 01-26-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 137467)
. . . He said his body flipped three times and he hit his head each time.

Never ever ever fuck around with any head trauma. ALWAYS go to the hospital. Many people have gone to sleep one last time thinking they're basically ok after taking a knock on the head.

Shaolin Crane 01-26-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Natie (Post 137473)
Whoa Jon thats pretty crazy. Lucky guy first of all for not getting killed or hurt worse and for you having to have left early and being able to give him a ride. I heard some
guys at Newcomb talking about it. I didnt see anything since I took Big Tujunga back down. Anyway cool to see you and hopefully at the next one too. We need a few more meets and cruises.

I plan on hitting GMR soon, well, as soon as I fuck with the car. Rain got in the way today.

C5Natie 01-26-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 137476)
I plan on hitting GMR soon, well, as soon as I fuck with the car. Rain got in the way today.

Hit me up when you. Ive actually been wanting to check out the road up to Crystal lake as well.

Shaolin Crane 01-27-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Natie (Post 137477)
Hit me up when you. Ive actually been wanting to check out the road up to Crystal lake as well.

Will do

94transamgt 01-31-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 137467)
Thanks again Natie for setting this up. Nice get together (except for Guy showing up) :sm_laughing: Seriously though your car’s looking good & once that fuel glitch is fixed, it’s gonna be great. The drive up was good save a couple of people who took too long to move over but whatever. I had to leave early to attend to my broken / leaking washing machine and ended up being an R/A unit for a crashed motorcyclist. The drive back was empty until I rounded one of the corners and then suddenly, there’s two guys standing in the middle of the road trying to “right” the bike. The guy who crashed was limping very badly & asked me for a ride back to the Shell station. Hey, I rode for 20 plus years so of course I said yes. The whole way back I kept reminding him to go to some kind of urgent care soon. Evidently the front end washed on him, he hit something, then bounced back into the middle of the road. He said his body flipped three times and he hit his head each time. The road-rash encompassed his entire left knee; pretty gruesome. Dude was hurt. Bike totaled. All in all, a pretty eventful day.

That is crazy, good looking out for rider. This must of been why I was able to catch up to you on the way back.(orange corvette)

Small White Car 02-08-2015 11:10 AM

For you guys wanting to hit GMR and 39 to Crystal Lake, those are weekday runs, too many touristas up on 39 and all the ricerbois are trying to drive off GMR on the weekends.