Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   newbie from san gabriel valley! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50382)

sunofz 07-20-2013 12:25 PM

newbie from san gabriel valley!

hey whats up everyone! new guy here at the forums! I have been to a few motorgen runs over the past few years in my fbody and they have all been pretty cool. Unfortunately my dd took a crap on me a few months back and I had to start daily driving my fbody and ya that didn't work out so well haha after a few weeks of driving a ridiculously loud 6.0 cammed z28 the local law enforcement started giving me way too much crap. So I sucked it up sold my baby and bought a nice low pro 2000pontiac gtp. Its definitely a huge change up but I think it will definitely hold me over until I can save up for another weekend warrior. So I hope to make it out sometime soon - daniel

Damian 07-20-2013 01:17 PM

Don't let that motor fool you, you can make good power for fairly cheap. My parents had one quite a few years ago and I liked it a lot.

Welcome to the club!

Vettezuki 07-20-2013 02:37 PM

Welcome aboard. :drink:

BADDASSC6 07-20-2013 03:38 PM

Welcome.

kdracer73 07-21-2013 05:25 PM

Welcome !

sunofz 07-21-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Don't let that motor fool you, you can make good power for fairly cheap. My parents had one quite a few years ago and I liked it a lot.

Welcome to the club!
hey thx for the welcomes guys ...ya ive heard some pretty good things about these 3.8's but I have yet to do any type of research. I haven't even had her 3months! So far there doesn't seem to be much power down low but the top end is nice and especially once that supercharger gets going. She drives smooth! I will post a pix when I get a chance.

Vettezuki 07-21-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunofz (Post 118304)
hey thx for the welcomes guys ...ya ive heard some pretty good things about these 3.8's but I have yet to do any type of research. I haven't even had her 3months! So far there doesn't seem to be much power down low but the top end is nice and especially once that supercharger gets going. She drives smooth! I will post a pix when I get a chance.

The durable as all hell too. I had a riend who got a solid 250k miles out of his. Of course you can shorten that to pretty much nothing with the right (i.e., wrong) combo of mods! :smack:

sunofz 08-05-2013 07:52 PM

heres a pic finally. shes completely stock, hasn't even seen an aftermarket air filter. so far im leaning on keeping her this way until I can save up some cash and maybe get into an frc or another camaro. Until then im just enjoying the ride. Well I plan on rolling to the run this sunday so see you all soon!

BADDASSC6 08-05-2013 07:53 PM

A smaller SC pulley would be pretty cheap.

GHOST 08-14-2013 05:08 PM

Yeah I have seen the 3.8's in the supercharged regal put down like 400hp on a budget and they are major sleepers lol