Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lemon Fox (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Rebirth of the 5.0 Project (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60994)

BADDASSC6 08-09-2014 08:44 PM

Rebirth of the 5.0 Project

Just to let everyone know the lemon car is back up and making progress. Now that I am not deployed continuously and living in Lake Forrest I was able to get a group of guys from work interested and taking action. Big thank you to John for helping us get everything into my trailer and another HUGE thanks to Ben for letting us use the car.
The the team is basically made up of engineers and a mechanical designer that's the best I've seen.
We are working on the motor drivetrain first to get the car moving on it's own power. Then I will order a pre fabricated cage and fuel cell. We are leaning towards Chump car challenge vice lemons because we don't want to have to come up with some ridiculous theme and it lends itself well to transitioning to Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC).

Stand by for updates as we make more progress.

[Vettezuki] All of the old threads and posts have been hidden. If someone has some reason they want to reference from the way back machine, you will have to ask me to effectively unhide the threads. It's not a big deal to do that. Just wanted to clean up this section as the old content is basically irrelevant.

kdracer73 08-10-2014 12:33 PM

Welcome to my hood. I'm at Los Alisos and Trabuco. Good o see this is going to be used for something.

Edwarddog 03-24-2019 04:11 PM

Rebirth of the 5 0 Project

Im starting the process with a suspension upgrade...the full works..... this will be done togeather with the head and cam work

enkeivette 09-22-2020 02:33 PM

Any updates on this?

Vettezuki 09-22-2020 02:41 PM

I don't know about this, but Guy is balls deep into the Snake. He's come a long way and went a bit nuts with the rear-end and suspension.

enkeivette 09-22-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 217797)
I don't know about this, but Guy is balls deep into the Snake. He's come a long way and went a bit nuts with the rear-end and suspension.

I think he’s bound to the ‘must let all who participate track it’ rule. Yup.:judge::rolling::judge:

Vettezuki 09-22-2020 08:34 PM

He put in a fat whack of cash, far more than I expected, to move it along (to say nothing of his time.) Then he got married and kind of needs to recoup some of said cash. So we're considering. Mostly I just want to see and hear it fire at least once. Beyond that I'm not so picky. But defraying his out of pocket and keeping it in Motorgen is totally possible and probably not too expensive.

It will be the world's loudest and most bizarre 450HP RX7. . . complete with blower sticking out oft he hid, cammo vinyl, a ratchet shifting top loader(!), and misc other weirdness.

Leedom 09-25-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 217806)
Then he got married

Wait, what!?!?!?!?!

Guy is the marrying type.

Good for him?!

Vettezuki 09-26-2020 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 217862)
Wait, what!?!?!?!?!

Guy is the marrying type.

Good for him?!

Yup. He found a great match in Japan. She's here now. Haven't met her, but seems like it's working out great. We text semi-often about the Snake and our shared "dislike" of the government. :judge:

Shaolin Crane 10-26-2020 07:41 PM

Yeah, I didn't think I was the type either. It was a rather odd story of meeting 4 years ago in Japan and Yada Yada. Married now

I didn't expect to put so much into it but with what was missing, damaged or just plain wrong tool a bit more than usual, even with my skillset. I called in a few favors to get things working right on the blower and transmission and had to piece meal the engine since nothing seemed to be matching (pushrods, rockers, studs, etc) and new grade 8 hardware wasn't exactly cheap either but anything less on the suspension would definitely break.

It's really not all that far from firing. It needs wheels because all 4 do not match, wiring, some sending units, fuel pump(s), gauges, seat(s) and probably a dozen odds and ends to the braking system.

As of now though it's a 8.8 3 link solid axle using parts from maximum motorsports, on factory coil overs, with the stock gas tank. And I have a few more tricks up my sleeve regarding the brakes...