Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   4x4 and Off Road (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   New Truck (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32319)

BADDASSC6 09-22-2011 09:15 PM

New Truck

Bought a new Truck. An 05 F-350 crew cab 4x4 duellie! Pictures coming soon.

SeanPlunk 09-22-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 83525)
Bought a new Truck. An 05 F-350 crew cab 4x4 duellie! Pictures coming soon.

Awesome. Diesel I assume? 6.0?

Shaolin Crane 09-22-2011 11:28 PM

Panda sad you got a dually, however, happy you got a ford ;)

If it is a 6.0 there is a few things you're gonna wanna do to limit your issues with it.

BADDASSC6 09-23-2011 05:10 AM

Yup 6.0. I know you recommended not getting a duallie, but this will not see any daily driver action in socal. I haven't sold my dodge yet. I wanted to fix some minor issues prior to selling it. I got a great deal on this truck which will allow me to fat a designated daily driver in about 1.5 years. This will leave me with a tow truck the vertebrae for racing and a dd.

Shaolin Crane 09-23-2011 08:24 AM

Well if its not seeing DD duty then a dually is a great choice for a tow vehicle, much better stability and handling than a srw, did you want me to fix the A/C fan?

BADDASSC6 09-23-2011 09:45 AM

Yup, I do want you to fix the AC in my dodge. I can drop the car off this weekend sometime. I will PM you my #.

enkeivette 09-27-2011 09:47 AM

You're spending a lot of money on your vehicles, with the vette motor, the trailer, and now this truck. Which I'm assuming is for towing the vette trailer?

Super expensive hobby :O Are you buying any property?

BADDASSC6 09-27-2011 06:38 PM

Yup, your right. Except for the buying property part. I closed on my condo a year ago. So I actually bought the property. Aren't you done with law school yet?

BADDASSC6 09-27-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 83759)
You're spending a lot of money on your vehicles, with the vette motor, the trailer, and now this truck. Which I'm assuming is for towing the vette trailer?

Super expensive hobby :O Are you buying any property?

Don't forget that I sold my open trailer and bought the enclosed trailer. I bought this F-350, but I am also selling my Ram. The Trailers, trucks and vette are all paid for. Luckily I had some cash available when this F-350 became available because I got a really really good deal. The dealership that I bought it from is owned by one of my college buddies. He knows I was looking for a diesel for the trailer and called me. I was test driving new Ram 3500s, but got a little trigger shy due to building the vette and a wedding thats coming up.

Vettezuki 09-27-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 83810)
. . . I was test driving new Ram 3500s, but got a little trigger shy due to building the vette and a wedding thats coming up.

To Sarah I presume? In any event, congratulations. I hope you've enjoyed your spending of piles of play money. . .

NOTE: I resisted serious temptation to exploit recent changes in DOD policy regarding openly serving gay members, some of your FB pics, and my mad PhotoShop skills. . .