Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Finally got my x-pipe on today.. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041)

SeanPlunk 01-03-2009 02:15 PM

Finally got my x-pipe on today..

After putting around with doing it myself, Greg at RET offered me a great deal so I decided to take it to him. I'm so glad I did. What should have been a half hour install turned into a 2 hour marathon.

First, it turned out that one of my front 02 sensors was partly broken, and the other had been cross-threaded so bad it was unusable. Greg called his parts guy and I had new 02 sensors within a half an hour. The next hurdle was the gasket that is supposed to be reusable was broken into two pieces. At this point Greg was kind enough to call the local Ford dealer and then let me borrow his truck to go pick up the part. After getting the new gasket, Frankie put everything back together and the job was finally finished.

I can only imagine how bad it would have been trying to do this in Adam's driveway tomorrow :suicide:

Thanks again to everyone at RET - you guys are the best!!

SeanPlunk 01-03-2009 02:16 PM

The car is loud as hell now by the way - it sounds awesome :hail:

BRUTAL64 01-03-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12411)
The car is loud as hell now by the way - it sounds awesome :hail:

Is it any faster??? If it is, I'm staying away from you.:judge::rolling:

SeanPlunk 01-03-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12412)
Is it any faster??? If it is, I'm staying away from you.:judge::rolling:

Yeah, they usually pick up between 7-12rwhp with a midpipe from what I hear. Are you bringing your Vette to the dyno day? I'd love to see that :drink:

BRUTAL64 01-03-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12413)
Yeah, they usually pick up between 7-12rwhp with a midpipe from what I hear. Are you bringing your Vette to the dyno day? I'd love to see that :drink:

+

Love what, seeing me blow pieces of drivetrain all over the ground. I'd bet you'd like that.:smack:

SeanPlunk 01-03-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12415)
+

Love what, seeing me blow pieces of drivetrain all over the ground. I'd bet you'd like that.:smack:

Is the motor still not running right? For some reason I thought you had it fixed. If it's fixed a couple dyno runs shouldn't hurt too much, right :huh:

BRUTAL64 01-03-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12416)
Is the motor still not running right? For some reason I thought you had it fixed. If it's fixed a couple dyno runs shouldn't hurt too much, right :huh:

It still has the vibration in it. It's either not balanced right or I have a drive line problem. Either way no Dyno run. :(

Anyway, you know Chevies don't make any power.:laugh::drink:

MeNmyType-SH 01-03-2009 08:42 PM

Hell ya Sean!!!

Ya dude, when I put my X-pipe on, it was a fucking nightmare as well. I basically had the same problems with the O2 sensors, I think I mentioned that to you.

Can't wait to hear it.

:drink:

Vettezuki 01-03-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12415)
+

There will be cameras.

I'd like to see it . . . again and again. :judge:

Vettezuki 01-03-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12417)
. . .

Anyway, you know Chevies don't make any power.:laugh::drink:

Hey, is this my fairly ghetto LSx 82' Corvette beating a pullied 04' cobra. No! Can't be.